The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im running 150 injector nozzles right now and getting ready to go 230s will my stock turbo be okay till i can afford to buy one in a couple months and also what would be a good turbo to go to?

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can run your stock turbo, but don't use all the fuel the 230's have. Yuo will most likely over boost and might blow the stocker, also the temps will be crazy hot.

What kinda hp are you wanting to make? An HTT 62/14-71 or II SPS62 would be good. You can make 500hp on them and then throw an S400 under it and make up to 700hp.

·
3,514 Posts
Thats a lot of fuel for the stocker. I could hit 45psi with my RV injectors and a box, which IMO is too much for a stock charger. Honestly, with that much fuel, to really get the most out of it, you will need twins. You could run a 62 or 64 mm single and do alright, but you could probably make just as much HP with smaller injectors.
Sean

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well what turbo would you all recommend for me? The only reason im getting the bigger injectors is the guys selling them so cheap, there 230 ddps and hes asking 450 for them so you can see why im jumping to get them.

·
Registered
432 Posts
yes i can i would go with a silver bullet from indutrail injection to keep the egts down plus that would help use the full potenial of the injectors

·
Registered
86 Posts
i have the bd super b turbo with 200hp injectors im getting 52 psi of boost... love it!! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd say something in the 62 to 64mm compresor range. Really it depends on what you want to do with the truck, where you drive it, and how you drive it.

Give us some info and me advice can be givne.

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well its pretty much going to be a street truck i do plan on doing a couple pulls with it just mainly at the fairs. Im really wanting to get 600 horse out of the truck.

·
CENTRAL IOWA #1
90 Posts
you could run them but keep a close eye on the pyro and you wouldn't be able to pull anything

·
1,189 Posts
well its pretty much going to be a street truck i do plan on doing a couple pulls with it just mainly at the fairs. Im really wanting to get 600 horse out of the truck.
add a bottom turbo for that. those sticks are way big for a street driven single turbo without throwing tons of smoke all the time.

·
4,827 Posts
Turbo lag and smoke with big sticks will always be there, no matter how you drive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts