The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installing injectors on the 24v is a must... but be careful and make sure you at least purchase the connector tube remover tool, if any damage occurs to the connector tubes you will not have a good seal, and you will loose fuel pressure and or damage the injector, you can purchase the tool from snap-on for $22... its a must the injector itself you can remove with just the valve cover bolt..thread it into the top of the injector itself and use a set of pliers and pry upward and the injector will come out easy... make sure you oil the o-rings when reinstalling them!!the process is easy if you do it right... if not you may possibly build back pressure in your fuel tank and you may even have smoke coming out of your fuel tank.... which is no beuno!!! follow instructions when doing this process and you'l be fine:deal:

·
437 Posts
quick question is it worth buying the whole injectors or does it help if you buy new nozzles and have them put on the stock injectors

·
1,189 Posts
depends on how big your going. you can get nozzles and put them on your injectors put get them pop tested

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
depends on how big your going. you can get nozzles and put them on your injectors put get them pop tested
He's right nozzles are cheaper but if you do them you best to have them pop tested... That way you have a good set of injectors with out misfire problems...

·
437 Posts
can i get them pop tested at any local diesel shop and what do i do if i get a bad pop test back do i have to buy a new nozzle or a whole new injector sorry for all the questions im new to this

·
1,189 Posts
just have to find out if they have a pop test machine and if it pop tests bad they just shim it to match

·
437 Posts
alright thanks and that guy i know the nielsens theres a bunch of them around here so i dont know him by name but im sure if i seen him i would know who he is i mean we only got a 1,000 people so i pretty much know everybody by face just cant remember names

1 - 9 of 9 Posts