The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at there SCT 2 and i got to the options. Whats the "Xtreme power" option for $100 more? Anyone know what it does?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The Xtreme Power program is our highest power program for a stock truck. It's also an option for a custom tune for trucks with aftermarket turbo's, injectors, fuel system's, etc. We make a lot of changes to our Xtreme program, which change by processor code.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Trust me and most at the Garage you wan't the extreme option...and you most likely won't ever question yourself for doing it just not doing it sooner...LOL
jschall

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was pretty sure they could considering they were SV on the site. Guess i'll call them in the morning. Just dont see why you would have to pay 100 more for a tune?:popcorn:

·
66 Posts
What you are paying for is there time & there experience/knowledge on tuning a truck safely & while still enhancing performance to very large degree!! That extra $ 100.00 will more then pay for itself... Eric has great customer service after the sale not just before. If you have a problem six months down the road, email him, he will get right back to you & solve the problem the best he can. Remember, you get what you pay for!!! :Thumbup:

My 2 cents

Marc

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i understand the tune will probably be a good tune. But does it take $100 more to make my "insanity tune"? I'd like to go with them but for $100 less than the cost of the tuner plus the 100 for a "insanity tune" i could get one from another reputable dealer. Just making sure i dont overpay for the same produect. From talking with SCT they're general opinion is all the tunes are essentially the same. No one tuner has the ability to do anything more than another and that why they all max out with 400-415rwhp. So again, i dont want to overpay for something that really doesnt justify the extra price. :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
marc21 said:
What you are paying for is there time & there experience/knowledge on tuning a truck safely & while still enhancing performance to very large degree!! That extra $ 100.00 will more then pay for itself... Eric has great customer service after the sale not just before. If you have a problem six months down the road, email him, he will get right back to you & solve the problem the best he can. Remember, you get what you pay for!!! :Thumbup:

My 2 cents

Marc
:iagree Eric is very knowledgable in the field when it comes to safe high HP tuning. I dont think $100 bucks ontop of a 50 grand truck is too much to spend for a tune.

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
heinzboy said:
:iagree Eric is very knowledgable in the field when it comes to safe high HP tuning. I dont think $100 bucks ontop of a 50 grand truck is too much to spend for a tune.
I echo that statement,your in great hands with Eric. Yes its worth it...:Thumbup:

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i hope you guys are right! I just sent him the money for a unit. My back pocket feels lighter:damnit :pointlaugh

·
Registered
537 Posts
It is the best money you ever spent:Thumbup:
Eric's tunes are worth every penny and the service is second to none!
Jakkle5 said:
i hope you guys are right! I just sent him the money for a unit. My back pocket feels lighter:damnit :pointlaugh

·
Fat Fire Chief
27 Posts
In March I bought ID's extreme street tune (and tow tune). I love them both, would it be worth it to "upgrade" to the "extreme power" and/or have the TC lock up in the higher gears?

Truck is basiclly stock,except for gutted cat and muffler delete pipe.

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
My trade is/has been those pesky computer's....
so when I walk into a place to fix something in 10 minutes and charge them,

some will balk and say "but you were only here 10 minutes", the proper come back is....
you're not paying me for for what I'm doing, but for what I know :-}

If'n u got the guy down the street,
he may not KNOW how to fix it in 10 minutes and may charge you for the hours he's churning and not producing :)

So Eric,
expect a call from me to get the insanely fun tune...
$100 sounds like small change for the fun it will bring !!!
VXDB1M3 strategy....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Jakkle5 said:
Get used to that feeling! I started out with an Edge Juice Platinum. Since I felt that power I've added a Banks Intercooler, Jobe Intake, 4" Silverline Turbo-back, Fass 150/150, Nitrous Express NxD Stacker, Precision Industries Torque Converter and finally an Edge Evolution. Last time I went to the track, it still wasn't fast enough!! Now I have Bean's Stage II Injectors (Come on Bean!), LIPD Return Regulated Fuel System, ARP Head Studs and Liberator's EGR Removal System and NOW an SCT from Eric w/Extreme Tunes for my mods on order. Everything is in except the Injectors (Again, Bean?? PLEASE :) ).

This disease I have is very contagious! It's called PMS. Powerstroke Mod Syndrome! It'll bite you hard when you start feeling the power!!

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a 03 Lightning along this and it was the same way. Only those mods were 3-400 at a time. With $2000 in mods i was running 12.1's. Seems like after the tuner with the powerstroke its $1-2000 at a time !:splat

This place gets expensive to make bricks move. I'll be happy if its in the 13's somewhere. Afterall, its a big work truck. Not my sports car.

·
Real Trucks Have 2 Sticks
141 Posts
I just got my SCT today from Eric, had some troubles with setting it up but he walked me right though it. you are goin to be so happy with going with Innovative Diesel, out of all the aftermarket companies i've delt with, none compare to Eric's, customer service is A+++!

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just got mine today also. Only tune i loaded was my Race tune and the shifting is hard and erratic! The 1-2 shift slams and then when you floor it and let off it goes into nuetral for a while and then slams into like 4 th gear and bogs. Was this was you were experiencing? Completely unstreetable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts