The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· The Guy Mom Warned About
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found a semi-good deal on a backup camera. Chrome Hitch Cover with a built in CCD Camera, not the crappy CMOS. $48 shipped. Surprisingly gives a very good picture for less than $50. Only problem is I have to unplug the camera if i want to use the hitch (but I rarely tow anything with this truck). So I'll have to do a little surgery and add a connector at the back. That's another project for the future. I'll get some pics when I go back outside, it's just too bloody hot out there :haha

2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

3,052 Posts
Wow, thats a better picture than most I've seen. Looks better than the Mercedes Benz pictures on the vehicles at my work. Harry

2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

997 Posts
Look good. Turned out real nice

2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and here's the camera on my truck

· Another day in paradise
285 Posts
How hard would it be to take that cam out of it's housing? Kind of defeats my purpose of wanting to use it to hitch up if it's in my receiver.

2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How hard would it be to take that cam out of it's housing? Kind of defeats my purpose of wanting to use it to hitch up if it's in my receiver.
Very easy to remove, 4 bolts on the outside of the hitch, the holder slides out and the camera comes right out. The camera itself is in a metal housing but it's pretty big. a good 1 1/2'' across and about 2 1/2 '' long.

2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i bet you could figure out how to mount it somewhere else if it was really needed.

Garrett
I'm ordering 2 for my 550's, I'll just mount them in the steel butt plate. I haven't decided if I want an indash monitor or just small monitor mounted in the cab.

· Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
i have that same kind of radio. mine is a Z2 though. how did you wire yours up? i have a PAC lic plate camera. ran all the wires in the frame. havent taken the dash apart yet...

Here ya go

· Registered
2020 Ford F-150
6 Posts
i have that same kind of radio. mine is a Z2 though. how did you wire yours up? i have a PAC lic plate camera. ran all the wires in the frame. havent taken the dash apart yet...

For more information about car stereo with backup camera please visit the website here www.walkermcguire.com/best-car-stereo-with-backup-camera/
Can you add a backup camera to a Ford f150? How much does it cost to install a backup camera?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.