The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow what a nice setup, i went with a 4 position high idle, 50hp, 100hp, 140hp. truck really rips on the 140 setting, puts out a nice amount of smoke too. engine and tranny definitly work better with this one in there compared to the old one. around town i leave it on the 100 setting, tranny is a little smoother and the truck is a little easier to drive (not as snappy). i couldnt be happier, and its good to know i could have custom stuff written onto it if needed. definitly suggest this to you 7.3L guys. on a 70-100mph run on the highway my EGTs barely hit 1300*F and thts with a stock turbo back minus cat and muffler, so the EGTs are pretty safe too. im ordering a 4" turbo back tomorrow which should help it breathe a little better then its off to the track again for some new numbers, maybe ill break 15s??

·
2,334 Posts
good deal love my dp... 140? that sounds a little high for a stock turbo gotta have some lag? ive got the 120 cuz jody steered me away from 140 cuz my turbo aint enough to clear it up

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice going on the chip from Jody! Gonna be getting one of those soon, myself. ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I got a 4 pos chip from Jody a few weeks ago. I would highly recommend his chips to anyone with a 7.3. Jody really knows how to get the power out!! Not to mention he and Diane have to be one of the best vendors I have ever dealt with.

Ben

·
Registered
460 Posts
:agreed:

I got my DP Tuner chip installed last week. It's great so far. I haven't had much time to play w/ it yet though. But I deffinately like what I have experianced so far.:Thumbup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's about time for me to be getting a chip and from what i have found so far it seems that the dp or maybe tony wildmans chip will be the way to go. Any advise on which one is probably better? One of the only things i wasnt sure of was if the dp increased line pressure in the tranny? The only other thing that i was curious about was how hard they are to install, I have a '96 f250.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
crfracer said:
It's about time for me to be getting a chip and from what i have found so far it seems that the dp or maybe tony wildmans chip will be the way to go. Any advise on which one is probably better? One of the only things i wasnt sure of was if the dp increased line pressure in the tranny? The only other thing that i was curious about was how hard they are to install, I have a '96 f250.
crfracer,

In the 7.3 tech forum 2 spots up from this forum you will find an article by BJS. It is very thorough on how to remove the PCM and install a chip on the OBS trucks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
no more power!

I just bought a tuner from DP-Tuner Stock,40tow, and 80econo and I dont notice any more power just smoke. got any ideas? I cleaned and installed everything the way they instructed.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Try recleaning the contacts again. This is the number one culprit for either not starting or not working properly after installation. There could be some of the silicone still on the contacts. It needs to all the way off without removing the tinning. Use your finger nail to see if there is any left. If that does not help, give us a call Monday morning.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Give Jody a call today. When cleaning you want to allow the tinning to stay and not go as far as the copper underneath.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts