The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it from innovative...easy guys to work with and seemed eager to assist.
Mainly for towing my race car trailer (12000 lbs),so I installed the Econo tuneup,figuring I would start off small as its my first time ever messing with a Tuner...
I loved the improvments it made to the overall drivability,to be honest
I always preferred to drive 5.3 silvy over my 6.0 SD because the SD was a pig
to drive and now its more fun to drive the SD with these little electronic tweek I just purchased..
The improvments seemed to be way less lag,now it responds more like a gasser,the tranny seems to shift
better and when its supposed too - now I am waiting to my gas milege to pick up(the gauge is slow)

Why Ford misses the boat like this I have no odea,if in EconoTune the truck can shift better give less lag and be more responsive like a gasser,why does ford send these trucks out as a sluggish overweight behemouths anyways?
I think Ford offers a solid foundation but the trucks NEED enhancements like these big time

·
2,821 Posts
Just wait until you go up to a hotter Tune than that one :evil: I know they did great by me. Chris

·
77 Posts
They send them out like that because they have to put a warranty on them. Just imagine the carnage that would happen if they all came out with over 400 RWHP/750ftlb torque from the factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts