The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some OE tow hooks from some Super Duties and I want to install them on all three of our OBS trucks (ours range from 95 to 97). Can someone post photographs of how they are mounted on the Super Duty frame horns? It would be very helpful to post as many angles as possible. Also, have any one you done this mod? If so how?

·
1,324 Posts
I have some OE tow hooks from some Super Duties and I want to install them on all three of our OBS trucks (ours range from 95 to 97). Can someone post photographs of how they are mounted on the Super Duty frame horns? It would be very helpful to post as many angles as possible. Also, have any one you done this mod? If so how?
My truck is an 04 I'd take pics tomorrow if it will help. Not sure your looking for that year as an example.

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I am not mistaken they all mount up the same or similar. I jest need an idea on the type of fab work I will have ahead of me.

·
1,324 Posts
Sorry guys let that one slip by. I can snap some photos tomorrow after I get my honey doo list done. Next time kick me. :wedgie

·
1,324 Posts
Wes, be very careful what you ask for.:roflol::roflol::roflol:---Bob
Well I spent all weekend painting the interior rooms of our house and still have a ways to go. New carpet comes 7/2 so the clock is running. Someone is always kicking me work, home why not TDG too :stars:haha

Here are photos from my 2004. Please keep in mind I have leaf springs up front and I removed the cross member and fabricated the frame of my unimount Western plow to mount in its place.

Hope this helps sorry for the delay.

more in the next post

Attachments

·
1,324 Posts
more photos

Attachments

·
1,324 Posts
I had a '93 and the frame up front is definitely different. I fab'd a plow to that truck too and seems like the front frame horn was boxed but wasn't nearly as large of an inside clearance like this new frame. Good luck nothing a torch and MIG or Stick welding can't solve.

·
1,324 Posts
I just don't like to pay full price for something I don't make money with. If I plowed snow and depended on it for feeding my kids I would do things differently. I bought a used '83 Chevy that was on life support but the plow was nice. I removed it and rebuilt it fab'd it to my current truck. 2004 SD didn't even have the option of a Unimount frame you had to buy the Ultramount system. $$$$$$ Truck was $1200 with plow, wheels I sold for $130 and kids enjoyed watching the scrap claw crane pick the dead Chevy off my trailer and crush it. We all had fun and I got a complete Unimount plow for $600 plus some paint, sandblasting and few parts. I even put my own shock absorber on it since it is not a pro model and didn't have one. Sorry to hijack just glad Bronco bob is back!

Wes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts