The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went over a bump in the road last night and the illumination on my speedo,tach,heat/air knobs ect.. just went out. Gear select, odometer, flashers, glow plug light ect.. still work as well as radio lights. Nope of the corresponding inside fuses were blown. I dont get it:shrug: dont know how fast im going at night:damnit

·
Registered
1 Posts
my truck does that too, the gear range lights dim, all i do is slap the dash hard right above the panel and it lights back up, and the lights in the steering wheel, heater panel, and speedo are all burnt out, gm sad to say didnt use l.e.d's so the lights brun out. no fixible solution besides buying a newone. but my other dashlights work so i can still see how fast ia m goin. well good luck

·
BUG JUICER and
1,239 Posts
Are your headlights staying on?

The ambient light sensor is exposed near the base of the windshield. If it malfunctions, your driving lights will come on and you have no high beams.

Otherwise, the C cable on the back of the cluster may not be fastened correctly. I have run into this, and it takes extra ooomph to get it connected.

·
3,939 Posts
It could be the plug in the back of the cluster is loose, it could be a grounding issue, too. Unfortunately, the GM Silverado IPC's are susceptable to electrical gremlins, especially the 2003/04 models.

My bet is the main board inside the cluster is going bad. The main circuit from the plug to the backlights is probably cracking. There is a man on Ebay doing cluster repairs, and he has an excellent reputation. After Christmas I'm going to send him my cluster to fix the oil pressure gauge and the speedo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.