The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get an ATS intake manifold and a set of 100-150hp injecters. Can anyone rate ATS intake vs competiters products and tell me who has the best priced injectors.

·
4,158 Posts
DDP injectors i have heard are nice, and stay away from the intake manifolds, not worth the money. You really won't see any of a gain from them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
^^^ he is right the intake maniflod does nothing, its like door bell on an out house, its nice but not that useful. but i got one, it kinda drsses up the motor. as for injectors i just got my DDIII's in and i love'em. idle really smooth egt's arent that much more than with the juice box. smoke isnt bad at all they are a real clean injector that cleans up well with the factory turbo.

·
Registered
157 Posts
^^^ he is right the intake maniflod does nothing, its like door bell on an out house, its nice but not that useful. but i got one, it kinda drsses up the motor. as for injectors i just got my DDIII's in and i love'em. idle really smooth egt's arent that much more than with the juice box. smoke isnt bad at all they are a real clean injector that cleans up well with the factory turbo.

·
165 Posts
I have the ats intake, it might of gave it a couple hp but i cant feel it. but it does look good under the hood.hey red dragon...what hp are your injectors rated at??

·
Registered
157 Posts
they are rated at 110. if your thinkiin about gettin some, save your money and ge the good ones that is what i did. they arent the smokest but i feel that they put down close to 110hp compared to other ones that say 100 and really give you like 85-90. but i know my stock trans is hating me right now but with a ton of self control you can make that tranny last as long as you need to till you can get a good one built thats what i am doin. its all in the right foot

·
165 Posts
i planned on getting the ddp injectors, sounds like they are worth the $$$ to me. Have you pulled anything somewhat heavy with them in? Cause i realy want 150 hp ones and a dif turbo and just curios what your egts are with the 110s, and i assume that u have the stock turbo. ive asked about the towing and 150hp injectors along time ago, but nobody had the ddp injectors and a newer turbo.

·
Registered
157 Posts
depending on you turbo size twins are probally the way to go with 150's. but yes i have the stock charger still and i never pull anything heavier than a 16' car hauler and a samuria, and i can run the juice on 3x5 and be good, but the trailer and sammy dont way more than 3500lbs, and thats runin 70mph turnin about 1900 rpms on 33" tires. i bet that if you did go big and didnt have an bigger charger you could turn down your chip and be ok. i still havent check my mileage, its to much fun to floor it and blow smoke chirp the tires. but the tranny will hate me!

·
4,158 Posts
You could run a 62/14 turbo just fine with a set of 150's. I know of one guy on here (akapparos) and he is running stg.5 Edge jammers (150hp) on the stock Hy35 turbo, which is a very small turbo. It gets hot but it is controllable. You don't really need to look into twins until about 200hp+ injectors.

·
165 Posts
well we have a 30ft gooseneck that i pull sometimes, but its generally just around the countie i live in and usaually just keep it in 4th around 63mph which is around 2200 or so rpm. With my toyota pickup on it, my egts with just my superchip on high(70hp) it never hit over 1100 up any hill. Ive read that the htt 62/14 does ok but spools slower than most like. II has one called the Super phatshaft that was made for pulling heavy loads with fueling upgrades, or so they say. Just would like to have to extra 50hp of the 150s but without the high egts.

·
3,514 Posts
IMO experience I've found that towing heavy with an auto gets to be a drag with large injectors and a single. Either you loose spool up and it sucks to drive, just hot and smokey, or it gets really hot up top. Twins aren't necessary for most applications, but if you want a decent amount of fuel and the ability to tow heavy and not worry about EGT's too much, they might be worth considering.
Sean

·
Registered
157 Posts
change that 62/14 to a 62/12 and it think that you would be good. a buddy of mine pulls a trial load of cattle quiet often and he has a 62/14 and edge 125's with the j/a and a 5spd and he never as trouble with egt's and thats runnin 70+, and the smaller houseing will help it spool faster

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the help.

·
165 Posts
ok...well i went to the diesel performance shop yesterday and talked to the manager about all this, he to told me for street driving and pulling trailers the the 62/12 would be a better bet cause the 14 can be pretty laggy. I asked him about the port and polish deal and he said that if it was his $$ that he wouldn't do it just because its doesn't help out a hole bunch and costs alot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
this kinda dies early in the post but i think the only purpose of the intake was to replace the stock one that was or is prone to cracking havent heard of one in a while i know it was popular with 12v

·
454 Posts
mopar440 said:
this kinda dies early in the post but i think the only purpose of the intake was to replace the stock one that was or is prone to cracking havent heard of one in a while i know it was popular with 12v
Has anyone ever tried taking the BANKS twin ramair setup for the 12V cummins and put it on a 24V. I know they gave the 12V more air, but would that benefit the 24V cause there is air going into 2 holes in the intake manafold instead of one? Would it even fit? Just a thought

1 - 17 of 17 Posts