The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna do more to my motor for a lil less money... what do you'all think about the high ram intake manifold?

·
4,158 Posts
I wouldn't worry about intake manifolds, not really worth the money for the little amount of difference it makes. Most people have said they can't feel or see any diffence. Sometimes a small EGT drop (~50*) Save the money and put towards some gagues, a good fuel system and programmer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i jave the smarty, hot rod vp44, 200hp injectors, intercooler, intake, chip, everything and im running out of things to get

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have the super b with banks wastegate

·
4,158 Posts
Super b or a super b special? And what is the second chip you are running with the smarty?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the bd super b, im trying to get as much out of the truck without twins or nitrous, im trying to prove these guys wrong about the 24v in pulling... everyone says they wont do sh** but i wanna prove em

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its freaking rediculous the amount of smoke... ut the power kicks ace to.... but i need more lol.. i want a full pull, last sled i pulled i went 246ft ....not cutting it

·
3,514 Posts
Get a bigger charger. It will suck on the street, but you have all the time in the world to spool it on the line. I would also look into getting a cam put in it. Studs, o-rings, and porting would help a lot too, however, all this stuff starts to add up.
Sean

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how much would a bigger charger be, and the port and polish?

·
Registered
17 Posts
are you still running the grid heater in the intake?

if so, they are very restrictive when a large volume of air is trying to go through them.

A local shop of mine makes billit delete blocks they are like 80 bucks.

I put one on and felt a large difference, better throttle response and lower egts.

tota lperformance diesel

later
adam

·
Alaskan Assassin
88 Posts
The intake manifolds are good because they are drilled and pre-tapped for whatever. If you dont want nitrous have you considered propane or water/methanol?

·
4,158 Posts
Got Diesel?i do said:
how much would a bigger charger be, and the port and polish?
Depends on how much bigger you go. And stay away from propane just doesn't sit right with me honestly. Stick with water/meth at the least or N20.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the billet grid heater eliminator would be kool but the truck will have to work harder to start cold correct?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i didnt notice any difference. I live in northern california so it isnt that cold. and if i had to it takes 5 minutes to swap.

we put one on my buddies 3rd gen and he doesnt have any trouble.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok how big of difference did you see? because i live in sacramento area also.... and if it wont kill my starter id love to do it

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
What class do you pull in? Get the biggest turbo for that class.

I don't really think the grid heaters are very much of a restriction, from the dyno graphs I've seen they add what, like 10hp in the 2nd gens :poke: If I were using injectables, or if it was a competition truck it would definitely be gone. But injectables aren't legal in most pulling classes

There is always more to do. A P&P goes a long way. Talk to Garrett @ Pure Diesel Power
Also a cam and valve springs will help and the cam should help with turbo spool and get better mpg if you care

·
53 Posts
What clutch do you have in that thing? Biggest charger you can run in your class, 3 piece exhaust manifold, cam, springs, redline box, Mach 7 injectors, studs, fire rings, traction bars, lockers, weight rack for the front, etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i dont have any trouble starting the truck. BUT is isnt cold out yet and doesnt get that cold here.

on tdr a guy put one on with a dtt elbow and got like 30 more hp.
I wasn't interested in more hp just more effecient power. I can pull on the freeway without my edge defueling now so in my book it did something.

how do you like the smarty stack. I wanted to stack it with my juice since it is basically a comp.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts