The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
WHOS NEXT
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever done or know anything about intake manifolds. im talking about when you mill the stock one off and bolt on another. not one of those worthless intake elbows like cmf+ or banks ram air. i found one on sheids website and was wondering if it would be worth the $1,600. happy for any input. heres the website http://www.scheiddiesel.com/display_part/2508.php

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would say before you take your head off again, to get the intake milled off you should get your twins set up. $1600 for an intake manifold is money that could go to make a mean twin set-up. Eventually down the road you could consider doing the manifold but right now I would think its unnecessary.

Ken

·
454 Posts
Why not try and see if the dual intake horn setup by banks(twin ram air for 94-98 12V will fit on the 24 valve. Don't they have the same bolt pattern on the manafold to bolt it up? would still put more in. Just a thought.

·
1,465 Posts

·
Diesel Dynamx
18 Posts
the only thing about the banks twin ram on the 24v is the injection lines.........been there tried that...

·
CENTRAL IOWA #1
90 Posts
the only reason to do a setup like that is so you can port your head the money would be spend better in other places but if you are going extreme it will be great later but you will want to get the head ported thets were you pick up the air flow

·
Local Cummins nut
261 Posts
has anyone ever done or know anything about intake manifolds. im talking about when you mill the stock one off and bolt on another. not one of those worthless intake elbows like cmf+ or banks ram air. i found one on sheids website and was wondering if it would be worth the $1,600. happy for any input. heres the website http://www.scheiddiesel.com/display_part/2508.php
Did you read the part about "in house sales only" They have to install it & its another few hundred dollars. & If I remember correctly the power gains they were talking about was on a 800+ HP truck.

·
WHOS NEXT
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good info screw that idea. At least till I become rich.

·
Local Cummins nut
261 Posts
It does look SWEET tho!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts