The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to purchase a intake manifold and was wonderin what seems to be the best one out there. thinking about the afe bladerunner but dont know for sure. also what all will this help me with?

·
754 Posts
Most I've talked to haven't really noticed a difference with the intake manifolds unless you are adding water\meth, nitrous, or a larger intercooler. Just a heads up.

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
Most I've talked to haven't really noticed a difference with the intake manifolds unless you are adding water\meth, nitrous, or a larger intercooler. Just a heads up.
Yep the intake manifold from what I understand doesn't do much without extra stuff. Buddy of mine just got one because he was installing a water/meth kit and a boost gauge onto it. Spend your money on something else for the truck in my opinion not unless you plan on doing water/meth or nitrous sometime in the future.

·
12 Posts
I put the Ats arc flow on mine, really didnt see any difference..... looks good though!

·
71 Posts
I would get the DTT polished one. Goes for around 300 I think. I'll be ordering one next week myself. Its a clean easy lookin intake manifold. You can get one that isn't polished cheaper. I do believe they come pre-tapped as well if you plan on adding anything in the future.

·
Just gettin started
185 Posts
I think I'm gonna test out a new Wilson intake. We have used their nitrous stuff on a few of our race cars so I think I can get a break on the price.

·
71 Posts
The wilson intakes are very nice, but they delete the grid heater. For those of us where it gets cold, the grid heater comes in very handy. I don't like to run up my electric bill either by plugging it in all the time. They are suppose to come out with a grid heater for the manifold, but at the other end of the intake rather than on the block where it sits now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts