The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,I've been looking at different cold air intakes.I have a 2002 7.3.Evolution programer set on 60 hp tow mode (Yeah,Yeah I know but that's what's in it for now).4" downtube and 4 the rest of the way.AFE stage 1 54-10191 or AFE stage 2 51-10192 or then there is one from BD diesel performance X take airbox.What one is good for me?.I'm going to play with the 80 and 100 hp settings to see what gives the better milage for the bang.

·
326 Posts
A DIY intake is the best bang for the buck and it will flow about as good if not better than of the others.

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DIY I"ll check that out .What model #?Do they have the whole intake system?

·
255 Posts

·
862 Posts
I ran the DIY setup for several years and never had a problem with it. For the money, it works great.

The only downside to it is that it's loud. If you do a lot of towing, or generally don't like a lot of noise, it can get old in a hurry. If you love the sound of your diesel, you'll love this intake.

I currently run the AFE Stage II in my truck now. Performance-wise, I can't tell a difference between the AFE and the DIY. It looks nicer under the hood than the DIY, and with the shroud, it cuts the noise down a bit. Still not as quiet as stock, but quiet enough for my tastes.

·
838 Posts
Napa 6637 filter and a short section of 4" exhaust pipe, can't beat the price, sound and performance!!!

I can't see spending $300 for an intake when I have about $30 in mine and it does the same thing!

·
296 Posts
do the diy and get a pre-filter from www.magicsmokeperformance.com its around 30 bucks i think and is a good insurance for a 55 dollar filter and looks good under hood

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figured the DIY bit after I posted.I'm getting a little slow in the bean.Looks real easy to make up something.I love my screaming,howling turbo.

·
459 Posts
I bought my Intake from TYMAR Performance. I had an AFE Stage 2, and switched to the TYMAR, and love how it is set up and how it allow my turbo to sing. The filter from Dale is a Donaldson and costs half of what the 6637s run.

·
Pro 2A
125 Posts
I did the DIY awhile back and didn't notice any change in sound level, I can't be positive but I swear my mileage went up after the change. got the cover from this guy, http://truck-mods.com/filtercovers.html $20 plus $3 shipping

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts