The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i noticed on all the boots going to the i/c all have a oil residue leakin the through the boots. does replacing them fix it? will i see a power gain replacing them? and is this really a problem, should i replace them?

thanks
Preston :thumbsup

·
Diesel Addict
202 Posts
You need to do the CCV Bypass mod your getting blow by from the turbo. As for power, it can't hurt once you start using bigger tunes your gonna need it b/c your gonna start blowing off boots. You need to clean your intercooler before you install your new boots.

hey guys, i noticed on all the boots going to the i/c all have a oil residue leakin the through the boots. does replacing them fix it? will i see a power gain replacing them? and is this really a problem, should i replace them?

thanks
Preston :thumbsup

·
499 Posts
What is the ccv bypass mod, how hard is it to do.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
What is the ccv bypass mod, how hard is it to do.
The crank case vents back into the intake track somewhere, I have not researched on this truck to much, but basicly you can get oil build up in the intercooler and boots, ect. The idea is take this hose and vent it into the air. I have asked about 100 times in the 6.4 forums about this and NO ONE seems to be interested in talking about it, but i think it would be a VERY smart thing to do.

·
499 Posts
Sounds like a good mod and a free mod lol lol, come on guys someone needs to chime in on this topic and help us out!!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
The crank case vents back into the intake track somewhere, I have not researched on this truck to much, but basicly you can get oil build up in the intercooler and boots, ect. The idea is take this hose and vent it into the air. I have asked about 100 times in the 6.4 forums about this and NO ONE seems to be interested in talking about it, but i think it would be a VERY smart thing to do.
I too would like to know more about this. I have oil around my boots. What is involved with cleaning the boots and intercooler?

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
I too would like to know more about this. I have oil around my boots. What is involved with cleaning the boots and intercooler?

I would just pull the intercooler completely off and use some sort of cleaner and water. Rinse it out and MAKE SURE it's dry, completely!!!!! before you install it again. boots, I think a simple rub down, or some new ones would be fine. As far as the modding the CCV, I'll see what I can dig up..

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Check out this 6.0 version. Again, I haven't researched a ton about these motors. I'm not sure the location of the CCV tubing, and also if there is anything sensor related to this.

Is there a good online bible for the 6.4 yet? I saw some good diagrams and pictures poping up in the EGR thread.

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70687&highlight=crank+case

On edit i read in another thread the way to clean the boots were to put some carb cleaner on a rag and rub them clean.

·
Diesel Addict
202 Posts
Like this one? This one is drilled and tapped for nitrous though. Let me know if you want one! LOL Or you can have the one I have made for nitrous? Made out of teflon core with all the lips like the 90 from the factory.

·
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like this one? This one is drilled and tapped for nitrous though. Let me know if you want one! LOL Or you can have the one I have made for nitrous? Made out of teflon core with all the lips like the 90 from the factory.

how much? i have my ntrous kit on the way... can't wait! that looks like a nice piece to have. did you make it?:thumbsup

·
Diesel Addict
202 Posts
P.M me your mailing address, I'll send it to you I don't have my truck so I can make another one when I need it.

how much? i have my ntrous kit on the way... can't wait! that looks like a nice piece to have. did you make it?:thumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts