The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been chasing this 421 cylinder 1 High Side to Low Side Open INJ .. I replaced the valve cover gasket/harness/engine pigtail and still am getting the code. My last resort was the injector. Needless to say $200 later my problem is still not fixed. The truck sputters and struggles under a load. Can anyone give me a wiring diagram for the injectors or Give me any advice. The 222 code Im guessing is a relay or one of the brake switches under the dash. I haven't even gotten that far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What do you have for code reader or software? I’d recommend getting the international service information system (ISIS) software. I think I paid like 10 or 20 bucks for it on eBay years ago. It’s the service manual for every IH. They are EXTREMELY vauluable. They have diagnostic procedures, wiring diagrams etc etc. start with that. If you have a laptop you can get the old international service program (ServiceMaxx) for free, you only need to buy the adapter, which Are about 350 bucks. Again it’s well worth the money if you plan on working on your own truck.

The 222 code is pretty common. I have it too. Just make sure your brake lights are working and you can disregard it for the time being. I can’t remember the fix off hand.

I had good results with getting my injectors rebuilt I had a shop in Florida rebuild them. 200 bucks each. If you do one, do them all. Maybe the solenoid on top of the injector is the cause? Check the connections and make sure they are properly seated and clean
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts