The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
International MXT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an International MXT... I recently blew the VT365 and have been scratching my head with what to do.. I put 127k on the odometer but with the 54" tires I have calculated the milage to be around 175k. Either way its no good, I want some HP, Torque and a tranny that will not have to get looked at non stop.. My Idea with the help of a few people on the boards is to go with a DT466(93-97) and an Eaton Fuller 10 speed. I no longer sit in the non stop traffic of LA so the 10 Speed should be killer. I need Ideas and some help. I had PPE and Inglewood Transmission do some work on the tranny and it has been pretty untouchable for 75k miles... I just do not know if I can make it shift and work properly going to a non electronic engine. Any thoughts? This should be a killer project and can not wait to see how it comes out. Thanks!

2008 International MXT
VT365

Attachments

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
sounds like a ambitious plan

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Can't go wrong with PPE, they got some pretty stout products,

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
Too bad it isnt closer, I'd love to see it.
We're looking at 500hp now?

·
International MXT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too bad it isnt closer, I'd love to see it.
You will! I will have it at Sema this year and in Cali for a bit. Ill take it up to my scrap yard in Bakersfield... We will hook up. I have some more questions for you when you have time Dale.

I want to possibly do a twin turbo and was looking at the Fr-15210b. Well if I go 5-600hp it seems like I need something to handle the 1500 ft/lbs of torque

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
Remember, an NV 4500 is not rated for the 1200+ hp that some guys send thru them. I'm back from vacation now.

·
International MXT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Progress

The engine is in and trans comes on friday! Any recomendation on what gauges I should put in?

Boost, RPM, Speedo, Trans Temp, oil temp/pres, Water temp, fuel, volts?? Any thing else?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
Exhaust temp, and possibly drive pressure.

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
Drive pressure is tapped in to the exhaust manifold. Basically another booost gauge, but reads the pressure it takes to spin all them turbos. More of a tuning tool.

·
International MXT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Drive pressure is tapped in to the exhaust manifold. Basically another booost gauge, but reads the pressure it takes to spin all them turbos. More of a tuning tool.
Should I get a 60 or 100psi boost gauge and how big for the drive pressure? Thanks Dale!

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
Get the 100 pounds, since you may sneak past 60 pounds.

·
International MXT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My transmission came in Last week, went with a RoadRanger RTX 10 speed.

I have a few questions on my engine... For the rebuild, I am trying to get the HT rebuild kit as I am going to turn the engine up to about 500 HP, International is having some issues w no VIN from a truck to know exactly what I need. I have a 95 year model engine all Mchanical. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
surprising there's no advice/comments. I came up with a 13mm pump and injectors, stock turbo on top of an HT3B/26, and a HT530 inframe kit with crank so it gets 2 pc steel pistons to survive a few degrees of EGT.

Reactions: ScrapGy

·
International MXT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
surprising there's no advice/comments. I came up with a 13mm pump and injectors, stock turbo on top of an HT3B/26, and a HT530 inframe kit with crank so it gets 2 pc steel pistons to survive a few degrees of EGT.
Thanks for the help, I am looking into HT530 inframe Kit on that list you sent over as well as fuel pump and injectors. How much boost should I run with the 530 kit?

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
I say it will be around 45 pounds.
Countdown to SEMA!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts