The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy y'all. New to the site, thought I'd introduce myself and tell y'all a little about myself. I served in the Marine Corps for 12 years. After that went into the oil field, I'm sure there are quite a few of us on this site. In July 2015, I was laid off and had no back-up plan. So I bought a small Sears brand pressure washer and started taking little jobs here and there to make ends meet. Not a fun time in my life, but one that would serve me well later down the line. Here it is almost 5 years since I made that decision to go to Sears and I started one power washing company(subsequently gave it to my wife) and own another successful power washing company in Houston, TX. Having to haul trailers around, you don't want a gasser all the time, you need something with some power. Enter the (3)PSD's that my wife and I own. The first was purchased after a good friend of mine told me about the longevity of the 7.3. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but upon further research, all the signs were telling me this is the truck I need. She is a 2000 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 2WD speed demon, I dubbed Allison. Now 5 years ago had you asked me to get under the hood of a diesel truck, I would have looked at you sideways and laughed. But today, I will rip out the guts, locate the issue, replace/repair, and put it back together with the best of them. I love my job, but I love working on my PSD's. The second purchased is Samantha, boy did I have a big s%^t eating grin on my face when I drove away with this bad girl. 2002 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4; here's where I really started to understand the PSD engine and learn how to listen to her tell me something was wrong. A few minor mods here and there, then I started getting into the "nuts and bolts" of what makes the PSD tick. The most recent purchase is a 2000 F-450 Crew Cab Flatbed named Alexis. I got tired of hooking/unhooking my trailer every night, so I just loaded all my power washing equipment on my flatbed and I'm gone! Head on over to my garage in a few days and I will have posted pics and all the modifications I've made to my (3) PSD's. Thanks for having me, I'm glad to be here and if I can help anyone with anything at all, please do not hesitate to message or even call me on my cell(it's in my profile).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts