The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, as much as I hate to say it, guy in a dodge whooped me. Truck is back to stock until I decide on keeping it or trading it in. Anyway, I'm coming home down sunrise blvd, which is a LONG straight away. When a guy in a dodge dually pulls next to me. I hear him revving it, straight piped. I look over, and it looks like a damn F-16 with all those gauges lit up. He hammers it and a car jumps in front of him. Now I'm laughing at him. We come to a stoplight, there's a truck ahead of me, and the dodge, whose also towing an empty flatbed trailer is the first car in the lane. Light changes he hammers it and he's off. I follow in suit and swoop in behind him. Still more traffic. Next light, things have changed, I'm first in the lane and he's stuck behind a car. Green comes and I'm off. Wind up to about 75 and keep it there and here comes that dodge haulin' azz. When he gets to within a car length I floor it, but he's already past me by that time. I'm slowly gaining on him, he slows to around 70, I honk and give him a flyby, he honks and waves and makes his turn. Wasn't pissed that I lost, but had the guy been a dick...that would have irked me.

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mackb61 said:
that sucks.ur gonna sell your truck
I might be getting an '08 Harley, but I'm not sure yet.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sounds to me like he just had momentum on you. It takes a huge amount of HP to catch someone that is passing you. Find him a again and take it to the track where it is safe..

·
Registered
390 Posts
did you say the Dodge had a trailer on him?

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fantom3993 said:
and the dodge, whose also towing an empty flatbed trailer is the first car in the lane.
Why yes, Yes I did

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
TYREBOYZ_DMAXIN said:
did you say the Dodge had a trailer on him?
correct me if im wrong fantom...but reading through his initial post, he didnt say it, but the was he talked sounds like both him and the dodge were hauling trailers...not him empty and the dodge towing....however that would suck if you were empty and got beat by a derdge towing! :sofa

·
Registered
274 Posts
:pointlaugh Sorry, I didn't understand that the goat was the only truck with a trailer. By all means sell the 6.0 and get something fast.:shrug:

·
1,581 Posts
FionaThe02PSD said:
By all means sell the 6.0 and get something fast.
There's a pun in there somewhere LOL

·
Registered
390 Posts
okay i didn't see that you both had trailers that doesn't make the shame as great as it could have been...

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TYREBOYZ_DMAXIN said:
okay i didn't see that you both had trailers that doesn't make the shame as great as it could have been...
No no the shame is there LOL I WASN'T towing anything.

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
but you were running stock were you not?

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
banksforddiesel99 said:
but you were running stock were you not?
Yes Sir, I was running stock. Have been for some time.

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
so he has a million gauges, and probably alot more than stock power, and he beat you, while you were running stock, i wouldn't feel to bad about that. How many miles are on your truck? Why would you wanna sell it, that thing is a really nice truck!!!

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's true, but it's still sucks to lose. My truck has a little over 35k on it. But today I saw that '08 and I think I drooled a little LOL

·
873 Posts
SOunds like u just need to get a SCT and keep that harley, i agree on the looks of the 08 250s weather its a harley, king ranch or a XLT, they are sweet.

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stroked06 said:
SOunds like u just need to get a SCT and keep that harley, i agree on the looks of the 08 250s weather its a harley, king ranch or a XLT, they are sweet.
Truthfully, I love my truck to death. There's noting wrong with it, and has given no major problems (aside from tickets). But she's gettin' up there in age, and DAMN that '08 Harley is a looker. If worse comes to worse, I won't sell, but I might end up with 2 Harley trucks for a short time. :Thumbup: God help me when the payments roll around. LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts