The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to salvage any and all of a 99 build date 8/11/98. I am wondering if it is worth using turbo, hpop etc. on my 97 listed in sig? Also does anyone know of a site listing the various years of 7.3's and the changes made year to year?

·
1,921 Posts
The injectors are 135cc instead of the 90cc stock '97s unless your truck is a cali truck in which case they are the same. They will be split shots instead of single shots but they are actually the best ones to mess with as far as swapping out for single shot P&Bs or making hybrids out of. The turbo is the same as well. You could get the fuel system off. Mainly the fuel bowl and pump. You'd probably want to plumb the rest yourself. You could also get the intercooler stuff as mentioned. The only parts you will really need are just the Y pipe and the cooler. The pipes don't work very well and they are aluminum so if you try to use them they will rub on everything and get holes in them.

·
Diesel Enthusiast
234 Posts
gtspowerstroke said:
The turbo is the same as well.
I thought the early 99's had a waste gated turbo? :shrug:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does have a waste gate. Not sure if it is a step up though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
gtspowerstroke said:
The injectors are 135cc instead of the 90cc stock '97s unless your truck is a cali truck in which case they are the same. They will be split shots instead of single shots but they are actually the best ones to mess with as far as swapping out for single shot P&Bs or making hybrids out of. The turbo is the same as well. You could get the fuel system off. Mainly the fuel bowl and pump. You'd probably want to plumb the rest yourself. You could also get the intercooler stuff as mentioned. The only parts you will really need are just the Y pipe and the cooler. The pipes don't work very well and they are aluminum so if you try to use them they will rub on everything and get holes in them.
IIRC, Early 99's have AB injectors that are 120cc split shot.

·
2,334 Posts
Strokin_Early99 said:
IIRC, Early 99's have AB injectors that are 120cc split shot.
yes you are correct.. you also nee more than the intercooler and Y you also need the pedistal iirc.. it would be a good investment if you could get it cheap or free.. whatever you dont use and have the time for strip and sell..

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
Definitely pull the injectors and then mod them to Stage 1's.

You should be able to sell a lot of stuff off that truck that you can't use.

I could use the shift knob O/D button ring and the passenger's side window switch cover plate (if it has power d/l's and windows).

prt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts