The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dually Club member #56
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Fairly new member here. My question is weather the Edge Evolution works just as good for displying important engin/tranny vitals as a set of gagues would. I have just installed an ATS 5-Star tranny and converter in my 02 F-450, and wanted to be able to know just what was going on. I have run a Superchip 60hp programer in the truck since it was new. and now have it set on the tow level with the Evolution.

I know there may be bigger/better chips out there, but I think this does what I need it to. Truck has a very heavy utility bed on it, and don't want to go over torque the drive line. I will have to get a pix on here of my truck.

Factory tranny let go at 96K I hope the ATS doesn't let me down. Is the Evolution disply just as good as gauges? I can check alot more with this setup if I want to. What are your thoughts. - Lots of good info on here. Thanks, Ol Red

P.S. - I do have my old Superchips #1700 Micro-Tunner for sale, if anyone is interested, but from the looks of the site most of you are way past these.

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
I would go with guages. I have been in trucks with the edge display and the bully dog out look monitor and set up guages at the same time and the displayes were way off and some time were almost like they werent reading anything like they had a chip in them to display false reading acording to just where the pedal was.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Gauges are definetly more accurate. The digital readout on the juice w/attitude or evolution will give you an approximate reading. My attitude moniter has a tendency to freeze up and act a little sluggish sometimes. But the evolution is def. better than no gauges at all.

·
Dually Club member #56
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - Ol Red

·
TDG Mafia Member #73
1,003 Posts
You will be money ahead if you use standard gauges. About $300 for a good 3 gauge set up and that will allow you to run a real chip from a good tuner for about the same total price of the Edge unit.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
yep gauges you want something that is easy to read and you dont have to look hard for the edge is hard to see while driving

1 - 6 of 6 Posts