The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Me and my friends are arguing if you can melt an oreo into liquid form. I'm saying you can, Powerstroke18 says you can. And couple other of my buddies say you can't. So what you guys think??? It has to go from a regular oreo into a liquid form like water.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got those too... how do they deal with us... no idea LOL

·
0 Posts
Soooo...get yourself a blowtorch...some oreo's and beer. Gotta have lots and lots of beer.

And find out! LOL LOL LOL

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep where going to get some videos of this

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Let that sucker soak in water for a week or so. Then when you dump it out, put a strainer underneath and see if it catches the oreo. I bet you could.

·
4,158 Posts
Maybe but you can't exactly melt it, maybe like said above you can soak it in water then it might be possible.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
time to go to 7-11.. ill get some videos up this weekend

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
i think it will just burn, unless its go enough sugar in it, more then anything else the sugar will melt you will still end up burning some of the other stuff in it

B

·
0 Posts
Will not completely melt. The white filling will more than likely melt, but the outside cookie will end up a glob of hard burned ash.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bouncer said:
Will not completely melt. The white filling will more than likely melt, but the outside cookie will end up a glob of hard burned ash.
Hey Bill, Should i do it at the spring fling? LOL LOL LOL LOL

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
yes I have had fried oreos, delicious, and the cream will melt, but the chocolate will turn to ash, unless you put it into water and let it disolve, or go the chemical route

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fried oreos are the ****

·
Registered
290 Posts
I bet in a lab of some sort, with a bunch of people who know what there doing, and know what the chemical formula for the chocolate and inside part of the oreo are, that they could get it to melt. But with just a torch or something along those sorts with people just screwing off for fun, all your goind to do is catch that thing on fire more than likely.

Sugar melts at 186*C FYI, its just what else is in an oreo.......I suppose I could go look at the packaging but I dont really want to. It might be like boiling crude to release different types of fuel, except that instead of boiling, at each temp another thing will melt off.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ill figure out how to do it.. i have some oreos in water now.. ones staying in for a week.. another 2 weeks.. another a day.. trying one in milk.. then the rest are getting burned or just going to try what else you guys can think of

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Sabbath5.9 said:
ill figure out how to do it.. i have some oreos in water now.. ones staying in for a week.. another 2 weeks.. another a day.. trying one in milk.. then the rest are getting burned or just going to try what else you guys can think of
'
Yeah either 1 of 2 thinggs are going to happen..

1) the cookie will desolve.. :poke: ( I dunk my cookie in my milk for 5 sec and its all soft and mushy..
2) your kids are gonig to see them and eat them.. :rolmao:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts