The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 95 powerstroke and i took off the exhaust would it hurt the horsepower

----95 psd extended cab long bed -----------------------------------------------------------
Airaid itntake, 5inch duels , 35inch baha claws, s-400 turbo, ats tranny, ats 5 star converter, Banks intercooler, 3.5inch lift, Banks six gun, piller pod –pyro-boost-tranny temp, texas style bumpers. Ohhhhh yeah

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
I know a few guys that run a open downpipe. Only concern....run some kind of a turndown tip on it to keep heat off the tranny and everything else. Other than that, they all love it. I have noe had the chance to hear one with a open downpipe....what's it sound like? How loud over stock is it??????

kevin

·
6,337 Posts
I love the 4" cut out I have installed in mine... just past the tranny X member... Sounds so very nice...

·
214 Posts
I had mine with just and open down pipe for a few weeks, but it was extremely loud in my cab so I cut the rear 90 off my stock exhaust and welded it on to the down pipe. Now its just loud to everyone standing to the right of my truck LOL

No problems, though I didnt have a turn down and my TFT's were high all the time.

·
Registered
325 Posts
my buddy has a OBS with only a downpipe and as 250 said... you couldn't hear yourself think inside that thing! it would give even a guy that loves loud pipes a headache on a long trip

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah its really loud!!!!
LOUD AND PROUD oh yeah
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 95 psd extended cab long bed -----------------------------------------------------------
Airaid itntake, 5inch duels , 35inch baha claws, s-400 turbo, ats tranny, ats 5 star converter, Banks intercooler, 3.5inch lift, Banks six gun, piller pod –pyro-boost-tranny temp, texas style bumpers. Ohhhhh yeah

1 - 7 of 7 Posts