The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am getting close to being an empty nester and the wife and I are starting to think it would be nice to get a truck and slide in camper. SInce this would be the primary job other than commuting to work, this truck doesn't need to haul 18000 pounds... Camper and gear would add ~2500lbs. I like the idea of a more durable deisel but i think the 6.7 L is overkill. I'd like a smaller engine in a 3/4 or 1 ton machine. I saw some reference here to a 4.7 L engine. Think i'm hoping to get one in a more heavy duty truck?

Thanks!

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
i highly doubt any of the smaller diesels will be out for a few years

·
645 Posts
They really need to do it im sure a diesel 150 would be very popular, but last i heard they scrapped the idea and decided theyre going to put the new turbo v6 engine in them now. but i really think 4 cyl cars and 6 cyl 150s would be a big hit i just think all the emmisions stuff and the economy put a halt to it all.

·
307 Posts
i really think 4 cyl cars and 6 cyl 150s would be a big hit i just think all the emmisions stuff and the economy put a halt to it all.
Yep, the Ecoboost 3.5L will make close to 400 hp and 400 lb-ft, plus they don't need to worry about emissions. That motor is ultra clean and will get close to diesel mileage (Ford says 24mpg, obviously not when towing). It's a no brainer for Ford.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts