holset
out side intake is 4 inchess
inside is 2 1/2
exhaust side 4 inside for the down pipe
3 inch to the intake

i have a 354 perkins in a 1948 kb5

·
2,063 Posts
No it is not too big, I do not recall if a h2c is about the same size as a HX40 or HX35, either way it could work.

Why not just go with a HX35 or HX40?

On your exhaust manifold do you have a T3 or T4 outlet?

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
H1C is like a HX35, H1E is like a HX40.
H2C is a 62/75/18. It's not too large, what are you planning on doing with it? I'd say it could support 500-550hp but it would be mostly mid to top end power.

·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is going on my 1948 kb5 it has a 354 perkins with a 5spd overdrive with .80 overdrive it is 4 wheel drive with 3.73 gears dont do to much pulling my perkins has no turbo i have to make a plate for it

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
i would say the h2 will be real doggy for ya, if i remember the 354 is indirect injection so if you toss fuel at it to light the big turbo... its just gona get hot before it will do anything, i would hunt for a s-300 size frame under 60/70......... you need a tighter exhaust to deal with egts down low and a big gate to deal with egts up top.....

·
2,063 Posts
Could you post a picture of your exhaust maniflold outlet. I am not sure what horse power range you are wanting to go ... I have a small turbo new just sitting around it has a T4 turbine inlet and a V band outlet and flows 37 lbs of air that is not much but should support 300 HP easy and spool quick. I would let it go for 200 + the trip. Let me know if it will help you other wise I am selling it on Ebay.

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
dt360 should have a pretty tight s-300 on it... i would go with that before the h2.

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
its a slim shot but you might be able to bolt a WG hx40 hot side onto the h2.......they have a 16cm3 with a t-3 foot and 3" outlet..... might be a little surgey but would light down low and flow at the top.

·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just be better to get a smaller one sale this one if i can and get a smaller one make it more sence

·
2,063 Posts
I am do not know what you want to make for Horsepower but why not pickup a good HX35? There are a lot around with T-3 foot. Shoot you could even find a WH1C. Those are common and easy to find parts for.

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
its a slim shot but you might be able to bolt a WG hx40 hot side onto the h2.......they have a 16cm3 with a t-3 foot and 3" outlet..... might be a little surgey but would light down low and flow at the top.
He would have to get the 40 housing machined to fit that 75mm turbine.

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
yea thats true..... i forgot it was 75.

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
I've seen those chargers before, heard good things about them. There's a guy with the username TURBOLVR that ran three of them set up with two feeding into one and he used them pretty hard. I find it hard to believe that one of those could support 800hp like they say though LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts