The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
you bought what ?????????
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 99 dodge 1500 2wd 3.9/stick short bed, kinda just extra vehicle. my friends 03 dodge 2500 4x4 was stolen and recovered, hence i can get axles off of it for free..so its alot of work but what do you think

thanks

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
yes but you need a transfer case, adapter, driveshaft, 4wd linkage, etc

·
you bought what ?????????
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes but you need a transfer case, adapter, driveshaft, 4wd linkage, etc

right, thinking divorced t case, some fab work, lockers and beat the snot out of it

·
149 Posts
Real off road vehicles are built, not bought. One piece of advise that I would offer you is that you plan on your build, including everything that you can possibly think of, plan on all the money you are going to spend, and plan on all the time you think it will take you. After you have all that figured out you can plan on doubling it all. The money will start to add up when you add up all of the last minute things that you will think of towards the end of your project. I.E. nickel and dime parts. The time will add up after you thought that you could get it done in just a weekend. You will end up doing much more than you first thought you would.

I have built a fair amount of off road vehicles and it always takes more time and money then I ever thought that it should. But, it was worth every minute and every dollar I ever spent to see something that I had built sitting, ready to be used and abused!

LT.

·
Joe Boyer
95 Posts
sounds like a good idea. idk about where you live but around here its hard to find a divorced t-case but i do know of one. Its a np 205 out of an old 250 ram.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts