The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else had issues running a Quad Adrenaline on a 6.0L truck?? I recently sold one to a customer and we could just flat out not get it run run worth a damn, even after trying updates and numerous files from Quad. At first it would read rail pressure and it idled rough and any effort to clear it out by raising the idle or just trying to drive the truck made matters much worse. After a new file was installed, it idled ok but once the engine speed increased much over 11-1200 we encountered a horrible surgeing spell that would only clear after letting the engine return to idle. This was never corrected and the box has now been replaced with a SCT. My question is, has anyone else had this issue or is anyone currently running one who could add their opinion on this tuner and thier experience with it. It looks good on paper, the dodge guys i know who run it like it but the only Ford guy I've talked to was a sales rep who supposedly loved it and ran it w/o any trouble whatsoever.
Thanks!

·
3,051 Posts
Not familiar with the Quadzilla. But I do know these 6.0's are sensitive to which factory flash is installed, and which strategy the pcm has. For instance, depending on what year 6.0 you were trying to tune, if it was an early one like an 03-04 model that had the Ford inferred ebp sensor flash and you tried to reprogram it with a tune that still employs the ebp sensor and the ebp sensor is clogged and no good(the reason they were inferred and not used anymore on those year models) then it will run like crap. Also if the strategy is not compatible with the new tune, it will run like crap or not run at all. Probably need to contact quadzilla engineering to get an answer. But you made the right choice already by refitting your client into a sct tuner. Harry

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The unit was a 07 and Quad was contacted several times and emailed us a few different files that they say some of their tuners needed to run right on some 6.0s but not all. Finally they wanted us to send the tuner back but needed us to provide a credit card number to bill the repairs to the unit to if it wasn't a warrantable repair. Thats when we gave up on them. The unit was only 5 weeks old and never ran right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts