The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with isx driver said was running good sputtered and died and then wouldnt't restar checked all fuses and changed filters do not know next step have fault code fmi 94 low fuel pressure but accurate problem is no transfer pump on this one please help i have tons of pressure at fuel rail and none on top at actual pump

·
4,827 Posts
Not getting fuel to the cam driven transfer pump? But, the electric priming pump works? That right?

What is the fuel pressure at? Ours runs ~290psi off the pump.

What kind of truck? KW has ECM/engine fuses in the battery box as well. Not just the fuse panel in the cab.

Did the driver gel up?

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No gel we are in ca and we can not find a transfer pump and we can not find one which means there is not one we replaced the shutoff cyllanoid and we checked the pressure at the compucheck fitting in rail and had plenty of fuel pressure while cranking but the one one at the pump on the housing we have no pressure so beginning to wonder if fuel pump is bad but pulled out bleader screw on pump and cranked and fuel was coming out there so need lots of help as still won't start any help is grateful also first thing we checked were battery box fuses and were good and truck is freightliner

·
63 Posts
at key on the fuel transfer pump will come on and run for 2 minutes then shuts off, depending on what year isx you have will depend on the fuse/relay location but i dont think thats your problem. what year truck is it in?

·
Diesel Dubbah
68 Posts
The fitting at the top by the gear driven pump is not a pressure port, its a restriction port, thats why there is no pressure there. All ISX's have the electric lift pump, and if it's not working, they are a biatch to start if they will at all. The new'09 model trucks we have a work will NOT start with that not running. if it's an older ISX, the relay and fuse for the transfer pump are right above the starter on the side of the block. If it's a almost new ISX (non-scr motor, I haven't seen one yet) then the fuse for the pump is right above the air compressor in the factory harness with a fuse cover.

·
205 Posts
you can also just unplug the pump take a paper clip and a meter and see if you have power and ground at key on, thatl save a lot of jimmi jackin around

1 - 7 of 7 Posts