The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 dodge 3/4 ton 4x4. this is my first dodge diesel n i've order the edge juice but hasn't got here yet but here is my question it feels to me as if it has no power n 6th gear it has a hard to getting pasted 80 i no this cant b normal so does anyone no what it could b thank u

·
3,514 Posts
What gears do you have in there? With 4.10's you may be getting high enough to run out of fuel up top. 3.55's should get you up higher than that though. It really helps having gauges in there too, you can monitor what is going on a little better.
Sean

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
haloman said:
Also check all of your intercooler boots for leaks.
Got a good point... :Thumbup:

But a boost gauge and pyro gauge would show that too. Abnormally low boost pressures with abnormally high pyro temps... Along with more smoke than normal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Also remember that our trucks stock are Dogs. But that could also be a sign of a weak VP44 injection pump.

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for replying sorry i havent responded been alittle busy but i have i got my edge n it came with gauges n my fuel pressure is 12 n 13.my boost is 23 psi when i get around 3000 rpm is that normal it still seem to me as slugish

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
dodgetheonlytrk said:
thanks for replying sorry i havent responded been alittle busy but i have i got my edge n it came with gauges n my fuel pressure is 12 n 13.my boost is 23 psi when i get around 3000 rpm is that normal it still seem to me as slugish
Be aware that your minimum fuel pressure at WOT is 10 PSI.

Boost pressure is a bit low... I can just about bury my 35 PSI boost gauge now... Tipping in at 34 PSI. Do you install the boost elobw in the turbo? Did you check for boost leaks?

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
dodgetheonlytrk said:
could my waste gate b bad n from time to time my fuel pressure wot is 8 n 9
OUCH! You lift pump is dead and straving the Injection pump out... Time for a lift pump... Pray you havn't damaged the IP pump...:damnit

Here is the daignostic for the lift pump...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002 Dodge/Tips & Tricks/lift pump/lift pump.htm
(MINIMUM FUEL PRESSURE IS 10 PSI AT WIDE OPEN THROTTLE!)

As for the turbo you might have a wastegate that is frozen or stuck slightly open... You might have to check for that... But I'm still voting on a boost leak somewheres...

You might try this too...
Turbo inspection...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002 Dodge/Tips & Tricks/turbo/turbo.htm

Valve Adjustment...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002 Dodge/Tips & Tricks/valve adjustment/valve_adjustment.htm

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
k i have found a leak n one of the hoses rite n front of the intercooler so that one thing. i thought that the lift pump was good when u turn ur truck on n u hear that buzzing sound when it kicks n or am i wrong

1 - 15 of 15 Posts