The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Usurper
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this combination?

Okay, here's the low down.

I had Dyno Mite Diesel Performance install a Hight Tech Turbo HTPS Turbo, converted my injectors to single shots, got a chip to run the single shots from Jody at DP Tuner. The truck ran fine, and pulled about 350hp at Dyno Mite's dyno.

I finally got around to installing my regulated return fuel kit from Dennis at ITP. Now, there's a pretty severe romp when the truck is idling.

Is the fuel kit and single shot injectors compatible?

The truck was running fine before....now...eh....it's going back to Dyno Mite for another look this friday.

But before then, any suggestions for feedback?

I double checked all my lines, and there aren't any leaks.

I set the fuel pressure to 62 psi, and the factory fuel pump seems to keep up just fine....dropping to about 58psi when I'm totally on it. (I have an Autometer fuel pressure gauge on the inside of my truck.)

So.....what next?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have ran the ITP kit on 2 trucks now both running single shots with no problems. 1 truck displayed a "romping" idle that you speak of, but I think in that case it was due to programming and not the fuel kit. We always noticed a smooter, quieter, more responsive idle after we installed the ITP kit. Any difference in idle with chip pulled (concerning the romping at least)? What about in different settings?

·
361 Posts
What did Dennis say?

·
Usurper
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buck1 - I have a comletely stock spare PCM I use as a baseline whenever I make any mods. Just in case I fry a PCM, or the chip does something funny, I revert to that unmolested unit.

But yeah, I plugged that bad boy in, and it was the same romp. I've driven it about 40 miles now (over 1 hour on the road), and it's the same. So I know there's no more air in the system.

It drives fine, and whenever I put in the clutch, it starts to romp at about 1,000 RPM.

edmguy69 - haven't heard back yet. I bought the kit when I had splits. I didn't know if singles would make a difference. Just wanted to see what you all had to say.

I didn't see a fuel system for the OBS trucks, so I figured it was designed around the split shots for the new SD's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts