The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
03 f350 xl 7.3 2wd x-tend
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i was just trying to get soe more info, I have a 1984 cj-7. I went to start it after it had sat for about a week and the batt was dead. Charged it ,found the dome light was on, went to start it and the starter was stuck enguaged even when I turned the key to off. It ha the ford style solenoid on the fender, reolaced that, no change. Replaced the ign. switch on the column, no change. Tested the terminals, both are hot when the key is in the run position. Shouldn't onl one be hot until I turn the key to start.

Any help would be appreciated.
I've got this goin on another forum but thought you guys could maybe help 2.:gaah
:gaah:goodvsevil:bdh:soapbox:soapbox

·
03 f350 xl 7.3 2wd x-tend
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
never mind got it it was the control modual,these are the crappiest motorcraft part ever made

·
2,710 Posts
Hmm, I might know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2 Jeep related but not sure . . .

1988 AMC Jeep MJ 2.5L I-4, 4spd-DD, 4.10 Gears, 215/70R15 Front n 225/70R15 Rear.
:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Mike

Reactions: powerstrokin350

·
326 Posts
If the starter solenoid gets stuck in the on postion tap it with a hammer or wrench it will usually fix it temporally. It will tend to stick more when you have low voltage on the battery.

·
2,710 Posts
they also seem to stick a few times when they are brand new . . .

Mike

Reactions: powerstrokin350
1 - 5 of 5 Posts