The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:smoke :usflag

Anybody here install a Jimmy Jammer? Are they worth while? Do they really prevent theivery?

I'm getting more and more concerned about someone making off with my stroker. Apparently the drug cartels like to steal F-250 strokers because they can haul a heavy load (of drugs) and because of their off-road ability.

Am thinking of installing a Jimmy Jammer and a fuel pump cut-off switch somewhere under the dash. It may not be perfect but should slow the theives down a bit or stop them all together.

Look forward to hearing your comments.

Huston

·
282 Posts
I stuck them on my personal truck. Seems like they should help!

My 08 work truck was broken into and it was way to easy to punch the locks in these trucks...in and out in less than a minute...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:usflag

How hard was the Jimmy Jammer to install? About how long did it take?
Since I live in Houston I'm in a prime spot for drug smuggeling theives to try to knock-off my 250 stroker. Punching through the door key lock in less than a minute is spooky.

Also, what do you think of installing a cut-off switch on the fuel pump?

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Rather than, or even in addition to the cut-off switch, you should look into this as well

http://www.ravelco.com/

·
TDG Single Club Member#14
1,086 Posts
that ravelco is a real nice item. Jimmy jammers just keep the honest people honest.

·
282 Posts
huston said:
:usflag

How hard was the Jimmy Jammer to install? About how long did it take?
Since I live in Houston I'm in a prime spot for drug smuggeling theives to try to knock-off my 250 stroker. Punching through the door key lock in less than a minute is spooky.

Also, what do you think of installing a cut-off switch on the fuel pump?
They are real easy to install. The first one was kinda tricky but after that it went real smooth.

I don't know about the fuel pump cut off but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea!

·
282 Posts
big_rooster said:
that ravelco is a real nice item. Jimmy jammers just keep the honest people honest.
first time I have seen this.... but that just keeps them from stealing your entire truck.... It looks pretty cool!

But the jimmy jammers just help try to keep some punk kid from stealing all the stuff out of your truck...

·
Still kickin
670 Posts
I've heard good things about those from many people. While you're in the door you should put a worm gear hose clamp around the back side of the key cylinder. It will split if you jab something in there and turn it hard, allowing anybody to unlock your truck with a screw driver. The clamp will hold it together and keep this from happening, or at least make it much harder.

·
16 Posts
Flopster843 said:
I've heard good things about those from many people. While you're in the door you should put a worm gear hose clamp around the back side of the key cylinder. It will split if you jab something in there and turn it hard, allowing anybody to unlock your truck with a screw driver. The clamp will hold it together and keep this from happening, or at least make it much harder.

when I bought mine it came with the hose clamp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts