The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure if I sat at my computer and spent 4 hours on this site I would maybe find this answer but I'm not going to do that. Could some one explain what the phrases "job1- job2 etc.... Mean. New to the newer line of Fords so I'm not really up on this I guess. Thanks.

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Certain build dates fall under categories (Job 1, 2, & 3). The higher the number, the more recent updates the truck has. Original trucks through June of 2007 are Job 1 trucks. July 2007 through December 2007 are Job 2 trucks. Anything with a January 2008 and later build are considered Job 3. I think there are specific dates. What I provided is pretty general, but should give you the idea behind it.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Certain build dates fall under categories (Job 1, 2, & 3). The higher the number, the more recent updates the truck has. Original trucks through June of 2007 are Job 1 trucks. July 2007 through December 2007 are Job 2 trucks. Anything with a January 2008 and later build are considered Job 3. I think there are specific dates. What I provided is pretty general, but should give you the idea behind it.
I have a spartan' Tuner without the Upgrade , Right now, The shifting is pretty bad using the tunes available. Can I get a TCM update for My Job1 truck ?

·
Banned
10 Posts
I am not sure what you are saying and/or asking. When did you purchase your tuner and when was the last time it was updated?

I have a 2008 Job 1 3.73 gears, crew cab, short bed, cat/dpf delete.
It hasnt been updated?

I am actually running the 250hp tune at the moment and found that it was a nice middle ground for me in terms of shifting harshness but ld get a trans update now.
The motor tended to rev more. At 275... the shifts were just too freaking annoying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts