The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Pursuit Interceptor
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some numbers that I could expect to see with a custom file? Since I have the "commonized" engine have are there any issues with the programming?

·
185 Posts
I have a Job2 EZM0 processor and am not having much luck with the high HP tunes at all. Shifting is great but power is not so good, nothing like my 03'...:shrug:

I should probably try some other tuners I guess...

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
give us a call, tadd has been playing with alot of job 2 motors, he has my 06 running just as good as my 04 did with just the sct and exhaust. We have a customer with a job 2 cc running 13.8's
robert

·
963 Posts
Brian, Its just you....LOL

Give Tadd a call at Elite. He had to do a little tweaking on my HP tune to get it just right, and mines not even a Job2. All of these trucks are a little different than each other. Now it runs smooth. It has the smoothness of a stock truck, with alot more power. The Insanity tune will scare the crap out of you the first time you get into it.

Later,
Ray

·
1,155 Posts
doug made a very strong yjz0 file for a friend of mine. just mashing it off the line would roast the tires thru 1st and 2nd, and they were 38s with factory gears.

·
Pursuit Interceptor
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ray what's with the RADAR detector? It's the communists here in VA I bet.

"What we are dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law!"

·
963 Posts
What can I say...:sly: :evil:

Its my way of rebelling against the fact that it is my right to receive any radio signal I can. My Radar detector just receives the signal the cops gun is emitting...LOL

I have had one in every vehicle I've owned since I was 16. It used to be a reckless driving ticket and they could confiscate the detector. Now it is just an improper Equipment ticket, and a $50 dollar fine, with no points. Gotta love the Commonwealth.

Gotta have all the help I can get, with these tunes, and as large a target my truck is for the radar. :woot:

·
1,581 Posts
alldiesels said:
give us a call, tadd has been playing with alot of job 2 motors, he has my 06 running just as good as my 04 did with just the sct and exhaust. We have a customer with a job 2 cc running 13.8's
robert

I've got a Job1 '07, which will most likely need some tweaking. I'm waiting for the Livewire though, so maybe you guys will have the bugs out of the programming by then.

That truck running 13's, does it have studs?

·
Registered
461 Posts
444turbodiesel said:
I've got a Job1 '07, which will most likely need some tweaking. I'm waiting for the Livewire though, so maybe you guys will have the bugs out of the programming by then.

That truck running 13's, does it have studs?
No, the truck is a stock CC/LB except for no muffler.

·
963 Posts
Earl...

If you have an 07, you have a Job2 motor. The Job2 is in referance to the change to the commonized parts on the 6.0...

Ray

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The main difference in programming between the Job1 and Job2 trucks is the EBP/MAP changes to the programming. Both Job1 and Job2 trucks are capable of high 13's in the 1/4 mile and very similar power numbers.

·
1,581 Posts
LokiWolf said:
Earl...

If you have an 07, you have a Job2 motor. The Job2 is in referance to the change to the commonized parts on the 6.0...

Ray
I thought it was just a reference to which half of production it was built (and which version of upgrades)

The sticker says '07 Job1, but the engine says '06 so I guess it would be the same as a Job 2 '06.

InnovativeDiesel said:
The main difference in programming between the Job1 and Job2 trucks is the EBP/MAP changes to the programming. Both Job1 and Job2 trucks are capable of high 13's in the 1/4 mile and very similar power numbers.
My reason for buying a Job 2 '06 or '07 was the heads.
I assumed there would have been programming changes although it appears the cold startup advanced timing wasn't changed much (lotsa clatter)
Can you eliminate that?

·
508 Posts
I have a 2006 build date of 10/05 (on the motor). Is mine a Job 1?

·
1,252 Posts
That is correct. The Job2 trucks were introduced on or about January 21st of 2007. However, many of the '05 computers have been converted to '06 parameters. If you have been to the dealership lately, you may have already been reflashed.

It's difficult to anticipate what your track times will be as it depends greatly on your driving. We have a customer who has Job2 with only a tuner, no exhaust and ran a 13.9. DJ ran his truck and achieved a 13.7. The gentleman loves the fact that the truck has more potential and is practicing to lower his time.

Thanks,
Vivian

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Agreed, the Job2 trucks seem to run as well as the Job1. 1/4 mile times seem to hang in the high 13 range pretty consistantly on a stock truck with programming.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts