The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is this "JOB X" for the truck designation and where do you see it? Other than at the dealers? And what does it mean?

·
125 Posts
Job 1 is the initial release of a vehicle in a given model year. Any changes, additions or deletions of features/options within that model year will usually be designated by additional job #'s as needed.

Kind of a rough idea about how it works.

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
just updated flashes. and the addition of some option. Like the back-up camera and one touch start

·
28 Posts
they also extended the front spoiler about 2 more inches to increase fuel economy :Thumbup:

·
Strokin' and Smokin'
517 Posts
CornellCowboy said:
Thanks! Anyone know what changes were made, any signifigant?
Larger from air dam, which apparently helps with the mileage. The only thing I've heard people complaining about with the Job 2's are the tire pressure sensors, major issues if you want to run different wheels or larger tires.

Other than that, the Job 3’s have the optional 3.55 rear gears, and the wide track front end is available for F-350 duallys.

·
Strokin' and Smokin'
517 Posts
Not sure, I think they're out. If the dealer has a truck with 3.55 gears its a Job 3.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just ordered my 2008 F250 Crew FX4 last night. I built it online, but when I went to order the truck through the dealer, I was told that Job 3 now defaults to 3.55 rear axles. Since I actually go offroad for fun and will be putting on larger tires, I really wanted the 3.73s. The dealer said that Ford hasn't even updated their own systems yet, but they showed me how they couldn't load up the order without spending another +$1700 for the 20-inch wheel/tire package. I thought that was insane. Why market an "off-road" package that only has 3.55s and then force you to buy street 20s? I was told that Ford has received so many complaints about the fuel mileage that they are forcing the 3.55s. I insisted on the 3.73s so it basically cost me $1700 to have them and will have to sell my factory wheels and tires. But now I am second guessing myself about upgrading the gearing if the mileage was really that bad to force Ford to make such a change? :shrug:

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Desert Dawg said:
I just ordered my 2008 F250 Crew FX4 last night. I built it online, but when I went to order the truck through the dealer, I was told that Job 3 now defaults to 3.55 rear axles. Since I actually go offroad for fun and will be putting on larger tires, I really wanted the 3.73s. The dealer said that Ford hasn't even updated their own systems yet, but they showed me how they couldn't load up the order without spending another +$1700 for the 20-inch wheel/tire package. I thought that was insane. Why market an "off-road" package that only has 3.55s and then force you to buy street 20s? I was told that Ford has received so many complaints about the fuel mileage that they are forcing the 3.55s. I insisted on the 3.73s so it basically cost me $1700 to have them and will have to sell my factory wheels and tires. But now I am second guessing myself about upgrading the gearing if the mileage was really that bad to force Ford to make such a change? :shrug:
I think if it was me on this one.. I would have got the 3.55s and then just put in whatever gear you wanted to run and you would have been alot less$$$ in the long run... :shrug:

·
36 Posts
How do you know if you have a Job 1, 2, or 3? Is it in a build sheet or something?

I am very curious about the extended front spoiler for MPG increase. Is is available today, if you have a job 1 truck?

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
hhrecovery said:
I think if it was me on this one.. I would have got the 3.55s and then just put in whatever gear you wanted to run and you would have been alot less$$$ in the long run... :shrug:
Yeah, I thought about that actually. The gear set would have been cheaper, but I would need to pay a quality shop to install them since I travel/work a lot and don't have a lot of down time. So based on some quotes I was getting, it was going to be about the same price to upgrade later not to mention the hassle. And now I have factory gears with warranty and all that. But you're right....definitetly worth considering.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts