The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called a Deere dealer today to see about getting a Coolant Eye so I could make myself a coolant filter... BUT, the parts dept. said it was a discontinued part? The greenhorn on the phone had no idea what I was originally talking about but thankfully I got the part number (TY16423) from the good people on the forum. Does anyone else know anything about this? I also saw that napa has a visual radiator checker (703-1627).... but I heard this one wasn't as good?
I may just end up skipping the eye, unless anyone has any suggestions?

Another question I had (now I'm the greenhorn)... When using the brass tee's in the cooling filter system, how does the pump force the coolant through the filter? Wouldn't the coolant just continue to flow strait thought the tee and bypass the filter altogether?

Thanks guys,
Zach

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
I had a very difficult time trying to get anyone to understand what I was looking for, as I was looking for the same coolant eye you were. But I ofund alot of folks that said they discontinued the part.

I think I even called EEP, as they had one on their on-line catalog. But they also discontinued the part, as they had many complaints. Their said that they felt the 'eyes' couldn't hold up to underhood temps. Nonetheless, they seem to be discontinued.

·
6,337 Posts
A small amount of coolant flows thru the filter every pass. Be sure to install a shut off valve on the supply line, so you can turn it off to change filters and such.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts