The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know John has a great reputation for his transmission work. Does anyone have any experience with his 6.0L tuning?

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
we've run his stuff. its top notch. we got our tunes over a year ago from him through biava performance but i don't know if jason is still selling the tunes and such, he kinda just disappeared like almost from the face of the earth. Johns tunes were good though. its just easier to use DJ or Elite since it is direct and i know there stuff will be as good as John's tuning. You cannot go wrong with either DJ or Elite. We've never ran any of elite's files, but ive heard a TON of people who have and just loved them. Heck they tune some of the fastest 6.0's in the country.We run DJ's Looney tune everyday and it runs awesome!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Go with DJ-Performance and his tunes. I received my SCT Xcal2 from DJ yesterday and installed his looney tune...it's freakin unreal. It COMPLETELY changes the personality of the truck. Also, the service from DJ and Vivian is awesome. Just call or email them and response is fast. When it comes to a tuner with custom tunes, it's the service that separates the "men from the boys".

Just my .02

·
163 Posts
I run his tunes on both of my trucks and he is a great guy to work with his tunes are awsome and customer service is top notch.

·
Addicted Mechanic
196 Posts
J.W. tunes Stroked Lighting D.J. tunes Mini Me... both men are great to deal with and will try to help you out anyway they can. I garuntee Elite, Innovative, Dp-Tuner, etc. all do the same. I wish the Xcal held more than 3 tunes cause I would be loadin tunes up from everyone. To each is own on this one. I talked to Domingo the other night about some stuff and hopefully would like to try some of his stuff. Also wanna get some of J.W.'s tunes as well and go from there. :smoke

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
I also went thru Biava performance a while back and really couldn't get it right so sent the sct back... dunno if it was the third party thing or J.W. just getting started, or not liking working thru a 3rd party...

It's time for me too to start shopping around for more tunes.
I've not been overly impressed thus far with what I've gotten ....
all have had some things that didn't seem to work right...

like right now...I don't have a tune in the ex because of the cold weather starting issues...
sounds like a rod is going to come thru the block :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts