The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had International trucks for a while, but older 85 and 86 models. I recently purchased a 2001 4700 gvw 25500, 444 with allisson. Rear calliper locked up and I dropped it off at the dealer and got the rear brakes and callipers replaced. The next day the press brake light came on then the peddle will get soft when sitting at a light. I found some steering fluid on the rubber sleve by the brake peddle and replaced the hydroboost, jacked up front end to work out the air. Same problem. Changed power steering pump and bled air , also changed fluif in master cylinder and bled brakes. Has brakes but still goes down when I stop at alight. Any ideas? Thanks

·
43 Posts
Hi
I have been studying the bendix hydro-max ll split brake system(while work has been slow).
You describe the peddle as going down soft,might be still some air in the back brake line.
Might take a lot of fluid to work the air back.
Also you can Google bendix.
I found quit alot of info on the Hydro max ll systen,sounds like a lot of fun,lol

·
160 Posts
next to the booster is a relay for electric motor try unpluging it ,then with eng off pump up the brake pedal and hold down with a fair amount of pressure [brakes applied]see if pedal starts creeping toward the floor. if it does you may have a internal leak in your master cyl.also did you check for any external leaking from other calipers and brake lines?
Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I bled all the calipers and still have the problem and it looks like the master cylinder has a internal leak. I'll replace it in the morning and let you know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts