The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
9/11/01 343
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THere is gonna be a dyno/event in Virginia held by a member's friend, with live tuning as well, all are welcome but the live tuning will only be for Fords sorry :happymugs, For the Ford guys if your interseted come on down not many chances that you get someone willingly to fly somewhere and do this for us, so Im asking for everyones help as well. Here is the info if your wondering whats going on and prices for everything. Its hard to get live tuning for each of our trucks, yea the tunes we have are good, but they can be even better and run better with live tuning so come on down. Lets start a list.

Torqued Up Diesel Repair
4711 South Valley Pike
Harrisonburg VA

This is Located near JMU about 1 hour south of Winchester and about 1 1/2 hours north of Roanoke.

Prices are as follow

Also we are asking that if you plan on coming and dyno/ tuning to make a deposit so we can get this vendor out and to secure your spot for live tuning after talking to the vendor here is the list of what he told me

7.3 Diesel Trucks with the 6 position chip reburn is 165.00, deposit of 150 for your spot of live tuning. 150.00 to reserve and 165.00 the day of.

You can also get a complete brand new chip as well, plus the deposit.

6.0 Trucks is 150.00 Deposit, plus 75.00 for tunes day of.

PM to reserve your spot for this event and everything else.

·
9/11/01 343
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Matt at Gearhead Automotive, its been in discussion for a while between me and him, trying to get him out our way.

This is a little better to understand.

150.00 Live Tuning fee and deposit for live tuning.
75.00 per 6.0 Liter Tune
165 per 6 position chip reburn ( 7.3 )
465 per 6 position New Chip ( 7.3 )

·
9/11/01 343
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Since no one is chime in Im gonna tell Matt to stay home, since no one is stepping up, what a waste and disappointment this chapter is.

·
194 Posts
Wow

·
9/11/01 343
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cant blame me, 76 Views and only one was Aaron and myself. Also I wasnt gonna help put money out and ppl not show so oh well.

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
only 14 people have viewed this thread and alot of them are nowhere in VA..

·
9/11/01 343
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah was looking at the main one. You still coming Aaron ?

·
9/11/01 343
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its gonna be a mobile dyno, yeah it be a ride gotta a buddy from la plata coming early. only md guy i know of.

·
194 Posts
I'll be in Texas still. If I was in VA you guys could count me in but I won't be. Hope ya'll have a good time.

·
212 Posts
La Plata...that is near me...I am in Hughesville. What does your buddy drive? If the event is still on I might ride and check it out, just to meet some folks if for nothing else.

·
9/11/01 343
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
His name is Danny aka Woodduck on the Nation, drive a 97 ECLB White, event turned out nice, we had a convoy of 12 Powerstroke rolling into the Dyno, also the powerstrokes had the top 3 spots over everyone else. 6.4 did 584hp, mine did in 4th gear 500hp and WOT run 555hp, Jason's truck did 473 but didnt get to spool it right.

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
sorry I didn't make it up... I ended up having to haul a bunch of stuff up to help my brother move...

nice numbers... u running the 190s and the new garrett turbo???

·
9/11/01 343
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah Aaron, 190s with 75percent over stock nozzles. I was pulling the worng gear the whole time, another 6.0 pulled in 5th and had correct numbers, they had me going at 4th at 40 mph with him he start at 65 in OD, going by my chart numbers when I hit OD in the WOT run it did 555.6hp and 919.5tq that probably would have been better for me but since they started me wrong I have 2 sets of numbers on my chart, after talking to a few folks that was where it should have been still good numbers though.

Videos is on the nation Aaron in the Dyno Thread.

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
to get accurate numbers you need to dyno where you have a 1:1 ratio which would not be OD....

·
9/11/01 343
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I heard that Aaron, but after talking to someone they were starting on Dunbars dyno in 5th gear at 65 mph, I was at 40mph so what to believe then really I have both to look at, I'll just have to hit another one someday to find out

1 - 18 of 18 Posts