The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a recall about 2 months ago on power steering reservoir cap. K-33 Recall. May cause excessive vent pressure in the power steering / hydraulic brake booster system. That's what the recall states . So i take the truck in have K-33 K-34 K- 17 K-08 recalls done. Last week i start to here a hissing sound under the dash and the brake pedal feels slightly funny but still works. So i crawl under the dash and find back from the booster coming from the master cylinder back through the fire wall. Go back to dealer they say i need power steering pump $1250.00 plus tax & labor power booster $ 766.90 plus tax & labor. I say stick it up your ***** and have filed a complaint with dodge. Waiting for a phone call back today ! :soapbox:soapbox:fan 48000 miles on the truck.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. It never seems to fail regardless of the brand for an issue to come up right out of warranty.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
shouldn't that be covered under the 60k mile warranty?

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to hear that man. It never seems to fail regardless of the brand for an issue to come up right out of warranty.
I no and its not nice to call it junk. But it just really gets under my skin.

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shouldn't that be covered under the 60k mile warranty?
Dodge called today no good news no bad news. Now waiting for a call back on monday. They have to call back to the dealership to talk to them. I'm going ask about the 60000 mile warranty. I need to get my paperwork out and do some checking.

·
590 Posts
Not here to start a peeing contest, but this is ONE of the reasons why i bought a new ford 2 months ago.. I really wanted to wait and see about the new h.o cummins, and replace the 05' i had with another dodge, but couldnt make myself do it.. I swear i have seen/heard more b.s type stuff just like this, from dodge owners then both gm and ford combined..

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Not here to start a peeing contest, but this is ONE of the reasons why i bought a new ford 2 months ago.. I really wanted to wait and see about the new h.o cummins, and replace the 05' i had with another dodge, but couldnt make myself do it.. I swear i have seen/heard more b.s type stuff just like this, from dodge owners then both gm and ford combined..
I have to agree here, I've dealt with both Ford and Dodge dealers and the Dodge dealers have been way worse to deal with.

·
212 Posts
[i have had 5 dodges, worked with 6 different dealerships through missouri and iowa. only one had a decent diesel mechanic and service manager. that one was closed when dodge did their "down size" thing. most recent was a ford/dodge dealer. service depts on opposite ends of desk. ford as nice as can be, do anything for you, dodge treats you like you are an idiot. i couldnt believe the difference in the same building. dodge has reached near bottom on the JDpowers reliability chart. i think mostly from service departments.

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[i have had 5 dodges, worked with 6 different dealerships through missouri and iowa. only one had a decent diesel mechanic and service manager. that one was closed when dodge did their "down size" thing. most recent was a ford/dodge dealer. service depts on opposite ends of desk. ford as nice as can be, do anything for you, dodge treats you like you are an idiot. i couldnt believe the difference in the same building. dodge has reached near bottom on the JDpowers reliability chart. i think mostly from service departments.
It kills me Dodge has a recall so they no there is a problem. 2 months after the fix I have problems and they think its something I should pay for. WTF!

·
590 Posts
My point exactly.. Even when they know there's a prob, they try to turn it into revenue for themselves.. One of the biggest cases of this, the lift pumps on the 24v engines.. Nearly every person i know who has a 24v, has had to replace their lift pump, and some cases the inj pump.. Most times it wasn't under warranty.. Although not a dodge part, they should have had words with cummins over this issue and offered an extended warranty like gm did it's electronic 6.5 inj pumps, and the duramax injectors[not gm's parts].. It's just good buisness, and no telling how much the lift pumps cost consumers to this day!

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
My point exactly.. Even when they know there's a prob, they try to turn it into revenue for themselves.. One of the biggest cases of this, the lift pumps on the 24v engines.. Nearly every person i know who has a 24v, has had to replace their lift pump, and some cases the inj pump.. Most times it wasn't under warranty.. Although not a dodge part, they should have had words with cummins over this issue and offered an extended warranty like gm did it's electronic 6.5 inj pumps, and the duramax injectors[not gm's parts].. It's just good buisness, and no telling how much the lift pumps cost consumers to this day!
GM ate ALOT of LB7 injectors, there are probably very few LB7's out there with all 8 factory injectors, it was a huge f-up by bosch and GM stepped up(it took a lot of complaing/legal action) to get it done, the issues with the LLY were never addressed by GM

but its no different than the fords with their modular motors, i have heard of countless stories of broken sparkplugs inside the head, it doesnt matter who you buy from, theres always gona be one problem that plauges them and they usually wont admit there is a problem:bdh

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well after about 5 weeks of fighting with ram they are going to fix my truck for $150. I can live with that i quess maybe my next truck can still be a ram insted of a Bow Tie ! clap

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Glad to hear they are working with you.

Reactions: HLC2239CUMMINS

·
212 Posts
SIZE]
i had an 01 with this problem. one dodge actually changed the method of testing the pumps to allow bad ones to pass. tested flow with no restriction instead of the old method of testing minimum pump pressure. one dealer told me mine was ok, it passed the flow test and charged me $80 for a false claim, took to another dealer with a real diesel mechanic and he replaced the pump under warranty. the second dealer was closed with chrysler downsizing.

·
750 Posts
this is why i only buy truck that are out of warrenty, then there is no question, I just fix it my self what ever it is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts