The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Just a little info at 85,000 miles, aftera 1200 mile round trip to Smokin'.

I weighed the truck while at Smokin', weighed in at 9150 lbs. 1/2 tank, with 80 gallons in the bed. Other than that there was one cooler, probably around 100 lbs.

I averaged 16.5 on the way up, and 15.5 on the way home. Not sure why the mileage dropped, only difference was the cooler was full.

I think I am going to dynamat the whole cab. Going to get the dynamat from Merchant, and tear out the interior. Thinking about getting captains from the second row of a tahoe and remove the rear bench.

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
Be sure to let me know how the dynamat works out. Been thinking of doing that as well.
And I didn't realize Merchant carried it.

·
1,709 Posts
I have heard good things about dynamat. I wouldn't mind knowing how it turns out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
OK...now ya got me....WTH is "dynamat"...?? LOL Being the ever curious type...I just gotta know..!

It cant be floor mats...cause they got nothing to do with mileage unless your Fred flinstone...??

'splain to me lucy"

Cheers,

stk

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I want to do dynamat in my 4800. I hear it works wonders for vibrations & cab noise.

My GMC is so quiet inside, I have no need for dynamat.

·
1,052 Posts
My son did his car for sound retention. It worked great there is a spray on also for hard to get to places.
Bill

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I get tire noise from my mud tires.
Me too! (In the 4800) BIG time. :mafia1:

I stopped running mud tires on my pickup, the noise trade-off was just too much of a pain for the few times I was needing them off road.

These General Grabbers I have are pretty decent off road and make 0 noise on the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts