The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could tell the motor was turned up but didnt know that one of the screws had been taken completely out.. Truck has plenty of power and runs good but almost feels like it has so much torque that its gonna break stuff.. Im pretty sure its not a good thing to not have both screws.. its the screw thats closest to the motor after taking the plate off on the back of the pump.. Should i go to cat and get one to put in it and if so do i need to reset both screws so they are turned out the same.. Any input will be greatly appreciated as i dont want to put a driver in the truck and things start breaking!

·
2,824 Posts
Actually it isn't that big of a deal to not have the fuel screw, the screw that is in there is the torque and controls the torque rise, if someone has taken the time to do that properly then it is most likely tuned properly and should be okay.

Second thought, detune it, it can be done with that screw alone; I wouldn't want a driver that doesn't watch gauges burning it up.

Reactions: HTDPete

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do i go about detuning it? its way to much for a local around town dump truck and iv already got to replace a cracked bellhousing which im sure is related. Thanks, Also should i put the fuel screw back in it?

·
2,824 Posts
You do not have to put the fuel screw back in, I would see how much free travel you have between the torque screw and the spring by moving it through the cover with your finger, I think 5/16" should be a good setting, if you have more than that turn the screw in.

Don't associate everything that is broke or wrong with the engine is because it is turned up.

Reactions: HTDPete

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it has more travel than 5/16 so ill turn the screw in til its at about 5/16.. What should be the results from this? Less power? Less Torque? The pyro never gets above 600 as it is now but its a beast.. Out of 15 trucks we own this 81 pete will for sure out pull or run anything we have got even the other trucks we have with 3406b's!

·
2,824 Posts
If it doesn't get hot, I wouldn't worry about it, the pyro tell tale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts