The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i've been to a few pulls and I noticed I'll need wider tires will better lugs, but other than the performance mods i'll need to keep from blowing a turbo or throwing a CEL code, What can i do to the truck to make it last longer in-between pulls, and still keep it streetable.
I was going to add 35x14.5-16.5 Groundhawgs, posi rear end, and beef up the hitch.
What else would be good? and hows the best way to beef up a "stock" hitch?
Thanks

·
2,509 Posts
OK I'm not the one to give advise on pulling setups because right now mine hopps pritty bad but here is what I have done to mine so far
pulling hitch View attachment 12461
ladder bars View attachment 12462
suspention stops View attachment 12463
The first time I pulled it I only had the stops and hitch and it bouned bad and I broke the rear end yoke and screwed up my driveshaft
View attachment 12465
then I added a heavy duity driveshaft with 1410 u-jouts and the ladder bars it still bounces but the rearend seems to be under controle. now I am getting ready to build a set of front traction bars and a weight bracket
I am running 285 75 16's with a mud terain tread, I think it may be to agressive around here most of the people here are running all-terains, but if you are going to be pulling on loose tracks the ruffer tread may be better. as for turbo and the CEC light I have done nothing to fix that yet but hope to get an H2E turbo and big oil this winter. the CEC came on from low ICP both times I pulled but cycle the key and its gone. and my stock turbo's still chugging along for now.
here It is in action
View attachment 12464

95f250psd has a truck alot like yours and he posted the othere day that he has pulled his acouple of times with no suspention mods and didn't have any hopping problems, so you might not have to worry about that part to much.

Good luck and have fun:Thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed at the county fair pull i went to guys were also using clevis's to have the chain hooked up too. I dont think i could ever compete in NHRDA pulling, because i'm just outta the "stock" class requirements and theres no way i could ever run "Super modified".

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey Pontiacross. Try making your blocks completely solid and taking the rubber out of them so they dont have any give at all. I think that could possibly stp your hopping. It would be worth a try anyways

Sharp truck too!:Thumbup:

Eric

·
2,509 Posts
Cummins Driver said:
Hey Pontiacross. Try making your blocks completely solid and taking the rubber out of them so they dont have any give at all. I think that could possibly stp your hopping. It would be worth a try anyways

Sharp truck too!:Thumbup:

Eric
Thanks I was thinking about trying that too but the problem is some of the places around here require some suspention travel. but I could get rid of the rubber

1 - 5 of 5 Posts