The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got back from the track and am not the happiest but I guess I cant complain. I just got DJs tunes and I ran a 14.4 the first run and a 14.3 the second. I have everything listed plus his fuel system and I did not spray. Im only pushing 26 lbs of boost. Is that what you guys run with DJs tunes or what. Bottom end feels strong, but once I get going it feels like theres a lot more there but its just not happenin. I had innovative Extreme race and I was hitting like 32 to 35 lbs. Let me hear it. Ryan

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Whats better for the track 4x4 or 2x4..? I would think 4x4 but thats more weight,your spinning the front diff/drive shaft, more ware and tare on the tranny. :shrug: so whats better IYO..? thanks.

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4x4 for sure. Yes its wear and tear but if you do regular maintenence and keep an eye on things its good. You can launch already boosted up in 4x4 where in 2 wheel if you try you will see tire smoke along with diesel. Ryan

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Thats what I was confused about Im getting rid of the ol' dodge for now im buying a 6.0 I just want a street truck. Low 13's..So if any hot shot ****y SOB in there SS camaro wants to try me I'll smoke him! After the Ford is paid off for, I Will be building a sled truck out of 97 12v cummins :sly:

·
62 Posts
I just went to the track last week too. DJ's tune, MBRP 4" exhaust, EGR pipe delete, air intake, and 35" tires. Ran 14.55 @ 89mph in 4x4. Same feeling about tons of down low power but feels like it fades up top. Keep telling myself this is a diesel truck not a Mustang. I have not tried any other tunes. Did look at boost gauge today and it looks like 24lbs (stock gauge though).

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeffro- Ya, Our 35s kill it. The way I look at it though is im running basically the same time as my innovative tunes with less boost so Dj does have something going on. If I were to have stock wheels and tires on this thing I would be running 13s for sure. Oh well not complaining. Ill get to talking and tweaking with Dj once I get the turbo in and then thats when ill be happy. If its not fast at least the turbo will sound good. haha. Ryan

Yep the fords kick *** when they are stock. Cant beat em. Very nice interior and a great truck with lots of power.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I wouldnt say the 35's kill that much time, sure rotating mass puts a drain on power but i dont think the 35's will be a huge difference.

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
I've seen a 6.0 with the innovative tune go low 13's...but it was an EXTcb SB.. And the 35's will slow you down. I actually got out my scale and weighed them and they were 104lb's a peice. Including the 18x10 rim.

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya and Im running 20x10s.

·
Suck,Squish,Bang,Blow
650 Posts
Where do you run at? Milan? When I put the 4.30s in I got back some of what the 35s took away. But at the top it still feels like it falls off. Almost feels like the intercooler becomes heat soaked.

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was at Martins, US 131 motor speedway in Martin MI. Ive got the YCR4 comp which I hear is the worst for the 05 so Im going to be looking into something different for it. If anyones got an 05 comp for sale thats a YRE2 let me know. haha.

·
1,291 Posts
the 35's will slow you down the time are a little slow but what do the time slips say. what was the reaction time the 60 foot and what do you wieght in at?

·
62 Posts
Not sure on the weight but my truck is a F250 CC Fx4. Like I said the tires are 35's on factory Harley 20" rims.
60' 1.85
330' 5.74
1/8 9.12
MPH 72.5
1000 12.05
1/4 14.55
MPH 89.6

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Im running a 12.45 and my 35's are doing fine, actaully i think they help me a little.

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My times were from the slip:
Re. .9040
60' 1.8660
330' 5.6949
594' et 8.3949
1/8 et 9.0030
mph 74.00
1000' 11.8769 @ 84.87
1/4 14.3170 @92.21

Both my competitors were dragsters that ran a 7.91 @ 170.41 so I couldnt hear sh*t and was at the least a little distracted since I couldnt hear me thinking. haha.
My trans was still learning the tune because I only had about 15 or so Highway miles on it and the track was packed so I could only get 2 runs in.
I probably could have been at a 14 flat if I went 2 or 3 more times.
And my faster run I was sitting at the line forever boosted up while the dragster staged.

·
1,291 Posts
you will pick up some time you were napping for almost a second at the lights. A little more time with the truck at the track and you will get the times down.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Reaction time doesn't change your ET. The timer starts when you trip the lights.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts