The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my latest blackstone report back and its doesn't look to great.

My signature shows what i am running. and i run the hot tune which is the 225 hp at all times. I am not that hard on my truck. I do a few throttle stomps from time to time but i do not pull anything ever. Any ideas why my wear metals have increased? Should i be worried.

Attachments

·
232 Posts
No worries, A LOOSE MOTOR IS A FAST MOTOR!

·
606 Posts
Pistons would most likely be the source of aluminum. Might want to send in for another report between oil changes. Like maybe 2500 mile. I checked my Blackstone reports and the aluminum moved between 6 and 30 then back to 10. The truck was not tuned, so i blamed the regen for the high readings.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
roger that,

blackstone sugessted another sample at 4000miles to see how it was doing. I dropped the tune from hot to wild to see if that helps also.

Thanks guys,

dirty mech,

what did you mean by when the levels are high then drop?

·
FukeneH
197 Posts
sorry sick kind of humor. it means that what ever was wearing out is A) nothing left to wear out so count goes down or B) has broke off and is laying in the bottom of pan count goes down.
company i work for does samples on all equipment engines,auto trans,hydralics,one high count no worries resample, two high count looking at shutin it down, third sharp drop in wear metals it is shut down or it Will shut itself down.:damnit

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ewww thats not good, hmmmm

thanks man,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts