The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ripped the truck apart yesterday and did a EGR cooler delete, coolant filter install, turbo cleaning, 4" exhaust install and installed a regulated return fuel system I made. Here are a few pics, let me know what you think.....

·
323 Posts
Looks great. I'm planning the same mods this summer.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Beautiful. Great job!

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Looks great now how's it run?

·
Still kickin
670 Posts
Nice job. Would you mind releasing about how much it cost ya to make your fuel system? I'm thinking about piecing together one for myself this summer.

·
Work in Progress
171 Posts
Very Nice!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NCfarmboy said:
Thanks for the pictures! Would you mind explaining the home made regulated fuel system? Looks awesome! Thanks!
No....its a secret, lol. j/k. Basically just kept the stock feed line going to the filter housing then went from the 2 side ports on the filter housing to the front of the heads with bigger line. Then I came out of the back of the heads to the 2 side ports of the new Aeromotive regulator. Then I came out the bottom port on the Aeromotive regulator and hooked it up to the factory return line. Then just cap off the return port on the filter housing. Nothing special, just like everyone elses fuel system. I think it all costs me around $400 but I think my stuff looks way better than the $600 kits, so I'm happy.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BogginF350 said:
So how many times did you stick stainless in the ends of your fingers? LOL Looks good robert!
Not funny!!!! probly around 10 times...

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
DieselKid said:
No....its a secret, lol. j/k. Basically just kept the stock feed line going to the filter housing then went from the 2 side ports on the filter housing to the front of the heads with bigger line. Then I came out of the back of the heads to the 2 side ports of the new Aeromotive regulator. Then I came out the bottom port on the Aeromotive regulator and hooked it up to the factory return line. Then just cap off the return port on the filter housing. Nothing special, just like everyone elses fuel system. I think it all costs me around $400 but I think my stuff looks way better than the $600 kits, so I'm happy.

Braided stainless... :bling:

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Looks sharp!

Tony

·
96 Posts
Start building kits for paypal sales or just release the parts list...

good work

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
why does it look like there is a thick washer on one of your turbo bolts in the first pic?

then again...maybe it's not your turbo...hard for me to tell/figure out.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Tanks250 said:
why does it look like there is a thick washer on one of your turbo bolts in the first pic?

then again...maybe it's not your turbo...hard for me to tell/figure out.
That bolt/sleeve is built like the to allow expansion and contraction without breaking the bolts off.

·
100 Posts
Looks real good, I was tempted to build a fuel system myself also but wussed out. Almost wish I had now since I can't get one of the crappy fittings to seal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts