The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my edge comp today. To tell you the truth I wasn't impressed. I did have an edge ez / Quadzilla xzillaraider std stack and I was very impressed with that. I don't know if I was expecting to much from just the comp or what, the ez/quad stack fueled twice as hard.

I got the comp from ebay and instead of the normal power button it has a "BD" in place of the normal circle, what does that mean?

What can I stack with the comp besides the smarty?

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
iwannagofast said:
I installed my edge comp today. To tell you the truth I wasn't impressed. I did have an edge ez / Quadzilla xzillaraider std stack and I was very impressed with that. I don't know if I was expecting to much from just the comp or what, the ez/quad stack fueled twice as hard.

I got to admit stacking always fuels better than sole fueling boxes...

I got the comp from ebay and instead of the normal power button it has a "BD" in place of the normal circle, what does that mean?

I never seen one like that...

What can I stack with the comp besides the smarty?

SuperChips, or any kind of PCM programmer...
I got to admit its still better than stock right??? :poke: LOL

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything is better than stock!!!!!

When you say ANY kind of PCM programmer, do you really mean any that I hook up to the obdII will work?

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
iwannagofast said:
Anything is better than stock!!!!!

When you say ANY kind of PCM programmer, do you really mean any that I hook up to the obdII will work?
Anything that reprogrammers through the OBDII port should work as long as it got NON-TIMING software. Since Edge Comp has timing already...

·
4,158 Posts
I think the BD might be in place on the drag comp versions of the edge. There isn't much you can stack with the comp, at least you won't see much a of gain. I know a a lot of guys stack the comp with the smarty, and it gives the truck alot more bottom end but it sometimes on the dyno the truck actually drops in hp. But it still feels faster.

·
93 Posts
I thought that the SuperChips added timing? If not what does it do?

·
24 Posts
The BD means Edge made it but it was sold by BD. They are the same thing, just with an added logo. I know this because a truck I almost bought had one in it. I thought it was pretty impressive, but the injectors may have had something to do with that... :sly:

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought that the SuperChips added timing? If not what does it do?
:popcorn:

·
53 Posts
SuperChips does add timing, and it cannot be run without timing. The Smarty has timing + fuel and fuel only levels.

·
93 Posts
a guy at work has a superchip on his truck can i take it and also put it on my truck. Or is that a no no. My truck and his truck are the same, Auto and 2000.

·
53 Posts
As long as you do not have any performance mods that add timing.

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a quad xzillaraider and edge ez that is sitting in the garage that i run stacked sometimes and an edge comp that is on the truck now.

I can't afford to buy another box, I just got a new trans from hts and a tc from suncoast. Installing them in on sat.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have the edged comp stacked with the superchip and i love it. im going to try the smarty next but was very happy with the superchip. id get the superchip since you can recaliberat for tire size.

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks

I don't know if you have ever been in a truck with a fully built trans or what your truck has in/on it but it is crazy how much of a difference it makes, well worth the money and time that it took to install!!!!!!!!!!

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hows that workin for ya?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts