The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Street Firm from Eric at Innovative on my new X3.(I thought I'd start there) I found the power increase excellent, but the third gear shift will rattle your teeth. The other item I've noticed is when I come off of cruise it decelerates quite a bit. Almost feels like a jake, but not the dramatic. What will the Extreme Street give me?

I've put a email to Eric, but wanted to know from the guys who is running the tune. I think this tune may be the same as the Aggressive Street, but's that another question. :usflag

·
1,661 Posts
Reactions: Gdief

·
3,306 Posts
never heard of the street firm tune. I've only had the street, agg.street, x-street, and x-race from eric.

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where do I find the Toyo tables? I have brand new Toyo 35,12.5,18 MT
I plan to use the old school first and check it against the tables(when I find it)
Now that I have a figure, how do I put this in the X3. I'm sorry, but this is all new to me. I was happy I got it plugged in and running without erasing everything. (step by step would be appreciated.)

BTW I drove the truck now for a total of 100 miles and the transmission has calmed down a bit on the shifting. It smoked yesterday upon start up for about 5 minutes. Holy cow scared the hell out of me. Never seen that much smoke before. Revved it up a bit and blew real black too. Is this normal with the tunes to do that. Neighbors not gonna be happy with me.

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
Where do I find the Toyo tables? I have brand new Toyo 35,12.5,18 MT
I plan to use the old school first and check it against the tables(when I find it)
Now that I have a figure, how do I put this in the X3. I'm sorry, but this is all new to me. I was happy I got it plugged in and running without erasing everything. (step by step would be appreciated.)

BTW I drove the truck now for a total of 100 miles and the transmission has calmed down a bit on the shifting. It smoked yesterday upon start up for about 5 minutes. Holy cow scared the hell out of me. Never seen that much smoke before. Revved it up a bit and blew real black too. Is this normal with the tunes to do that. Neighbors not gonna be happy with me.
My tune did the same thing. Like you already found out. Drive it and it will settle in and shift nice. Mine did/does.

·
1,661 Posts
Plug the X-3 into the OBD-II
1 select-program vehicle
2 select-install tune
3 select-custom
4 select-adjust options-yes
5 axle ratio-toggle up till you find your gear ratio- hit the select button to lock-in the desired ratio.
6 Now toggle right arrow and tire revs/miles will pop up--toggle up arrow till you find your rev/mile number, this will not be dead on, I round mine up. Always hit the select button to lock-in your selection.

As you keep toggling to the right other options will pop up

remove or set speed limiter--I remove the speed limit:rock
rev limit--I leave it alone
Idle speed---I bump it up one setting
WOT shift points----I don't touch
shift pressure-----I don't touch

EDIT---- I also took a marker and wrote on the front of my X-3 the rev/mile number so I would not forget!

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tire Rev setup

Thank you very much for your info. I only have one further question (I hope) Can I assume that once the X3 is plugged in, do I turn the ignition ON or leave it off?

I came up with 106" on the tire rotation, so this equates to 597.7 I believe. Is this about right for a 35" tire. :beer

·
1,661 Posts
Thank you very much for your info. I only have one further question (I hope) Can I assume that once the X3 is plugged in, do I turn the ignition ON or leave it off?

I came up with 106" on the tire rotation, so this equates to 597.7 I believe. Is this about right for a 35" tire. :beer
When you first plug in the X-3, do not turn the key on until the X-3 tells you to, also the instructions say to turn off and keep off anything that will draw power while the tunes are loading.
Read up on how to save your stock file to your PC, just in case you have issues and the X-3 loses your stock file, and also save all your tunes to a flash stick or disk just in case your PC takes a dump.

That is the correct numbers for your rev's/mile.

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, will do. I have already saved the stock file to the computer and the usb stick. Thanks again.

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Strokin6L I found out what the Street Firm is. It is 30Hp and 80lbs tq less then the Aggressive Street. Not sure if that makes a big difference, but this things runs like a raped ape right now. I can't wait to plug in the Extreme Street.

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again to LiLPooh. I have loaded the Rev/mile parameter. It was easy as you indicated. Now I just have to find out why it smokes so much in the morning when I start it up. Eric said to plug it in for the night, so we'll see this morning.

·
2,106 Posts
If you are in San Diego, there is no need to plug it in since it's only getting down into like the 50's (Visiting family in O-side right now) But if you are in Bend then yes it would be good to give a try. (going by what it says in your location). I think though that the "plug it in" approach to fixing rough running on startup is a bandaid to the true issue.

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the reply. I am in Oregon and it got down to 19 degrees last night. I did plug it in and it certainly did help. There was very little (normal) smoke. I really didn't know what temp I'd have to plug it in, but because the EGR is plugged off it will smoke a little more too. As for the rough idle on start up. You must have mistaken what I wrote. The idle is perfect, but smoked like crazy. Enjoy O Side

·
77 Posts
Mine smokes a bit on cold startup also. I just thought it was a characteristic of the tune. Doesn't run rough, just smokes a bit. Does it below approx 45*F
on tow agg tune, street tune, and x-street. X-street smokes the most on startup when cold and clears after a few seconds. IIRC Eric told me startup fuel increases with longer crank times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts