The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my dp tuner.... I had one on my other truck and it is still amazing how much it changes the truck(I went from hypertech to dp). The truck is better in every aspect with the dp tuner. My truck has 340k on the odo but still runs great even better with the dp tuner. I have a problem that I am hoping somebody will lead me in the right direction on. When I switch to lope idle the truck immediately starts missing and flooding with diesel fuel and almost dies. I can rev truck up and the miss and smoke will go away. The smoke is whitish gray and smells like raw diesel and smokes so much that you cant see through it. Could a weak hpop cause this? If anyone has any ideas as to what it is it would be greatly appreciated. thanks seth

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Prt, there is no use for it other than it brings out the kid in me :rock

I havnt called dp tuner yet because I think it is a problem with my truck. I know it has a weak hpop, I am thinking that is the problem. But I will send them a email also, they may have ran into this before.

·
Sheep Shearer
22 Posts
lope idle is pretty useless unless you have some big injectors.

so, unless you get some stage 2's or something in there, you'll never really get a lope.

it's probably dieing due to the lack of fuel in the combustion chamber to get the lope.

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taylin, There is no shortage of fuel (enough grayish white smoke to blot out the sun lol). I had lope on another truck with stock injectors and it made a noticable lope. I have a weak hpop, I am installing a srp1 soon, I am thinking that may have something to do with it.

·
Sheep Shearer
22 Posts
Taylin, There is no shortage of fuel (enough grayish white smoke to blot out the sun lol). I had lope on another truck with stock injectors and it made a noticable lope. I have a weak hpop, I am installing a srp1 soon, I am thinking that may have something to do with it.
Wow, way to spell my name wrong. *sigh*

Anyways.
I doubt the Hpop is your issue with that.

But no biggie. =)

Good luck with your srp1 too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts