The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
each motor lasted about 21000 miles. They say that I apparently have fuel in my oil, bent # 8 rod, and had to replace the primary radiator (leaking) they found a bulletin on this. These were both new trucks, after a few thousand miles the trucks began jolting randomly as if the tranny had failed (it felt as if someone rear ended you at about 60 mph) and the dash intrument lights would blink sometimes changing the milage etc. I bought the first truck in july 07 and it failed in oct 07 now I'm sitting in CA waiting on a motor to be shipped for this truck. Neither of the trucks ever registered an increased temperature etc, and both started knocking before failing. anyone esle seeing anything like this???

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear of your misfortune!!! I'd like some more details about each failure, like when and where it happened and what you were doing with the truck at the time and immediatly prior to the failure. Did they tell you what caused the failure of the first motor? How about the second?

Be aware that you will probably get some guys wanting to get your VIN numbers to run OASIS reports because they don't believe you...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the first one was put in the shop on the fifth day I owned it for a "engine knock". I was told that ford had no history with this at the time and to continue to drive it. It was then in the shop 3 more times prior to failing.ford claimed to have "fixed it" with a computer update, but the knocking was still there. Then a different dealer replaced the oil coolant pump in an attempt to address the knocking but that didnt work either. Just prior to the accelerator ceaseing to function, I lost cab heat and then saw alot of grey/white smoke from the exhaust. I was pulling a small all aluminum horse trailer when it finally went. By the way, neither motor ever lost power.
The second ones only different in that it did not have the knocking until the last day or any other symptom (except the jolting) until the last day.

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
Do you have any pics of your trucks?
Hate your having such misfortune as everyone else seems to be doing great other than the leaky radiators on the early trucks...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont have a camera with me, but I'm in San Bernadino and the truck is at the local Ford dealer, If you would like to verify my statements you should contact Eric Nelson at 425-891-2730. He is the NW regional Ford customer service rep who helped facilitate the buyout of the first truck and also the first Ford corporate person whom I spoke with when it was determined that this motor would also need replacing. If thats not enough you can feel to contact Nichole at 949-341-5800, as she is the SW regional Ford corporate person handling this issue. Let me know what they say !!!

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
mackb61 said:
post a pic of the eft up moter and ill believ u

Why would you not believe someone. Do you think we are on this site just lying and making things up???

·
Registered
259 Posts
dannyboy said:
Dont have a camera with me, but I'm in San Bernadino and the truck is at the local Ford dealer, If you would like to verify my statements you should contact Eric Nelson at 425-891-2730. He is the NW regional Ford customer service rep who helped facilitate the buyout of the first truck and also the first Ford corporate person whom I spoke with when it was determined that this motor would also need replacing. If thats not enough you can feel to contact Nichole at 949-341-5800, as she is the SW regional Ford corporate person handling this issue. Let me know what they say !!!
ok i just got :eek:wned sorry bout that.but i would like to see a pic of the motor iv never seen 1 out of the truck.i ges i get a little fired up when heer somethin bad about the 6.4.:tango

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
wow bro that sucks talk about unfortunate !!! I believe him it sucks but everything in life will a potential for problems

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
Sorry to hear about the poor run of luck with the 6.4. Are they offering to buy the truck back at all?

·
748 Posts
mackb61 said:
post a pic of the eft up moter and ill believ u
I can understand you not believing him. His very first post on this forum is to announce a double major catastophic engine failure.
There have been posts on another forum I belong to where this type of thing has happened. It's unfortunate.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Sorry to hear about the truck, hopefully Ford gets you back on the road fast and in a hurry. I know how being without a truck can lose a person money. I lost a trailer repo account when I was without a truck for a month waiting on repairs.

Hopefully Ford gets you up fast. I have a feeling they will since this is the second failure you have had in two differant trucks. Stinks to hear about another 6.4, I had hopes with this motor.

Tony

·
3,939 Posts
Since theres a poll going on right now about fuel in the oil on the 6.4, it makes sense that something like this could happen to someone.

It just sucks. No matter the brand, the end customers should not have to be beta testers for a company's untested products. I hope Ford makes this right.

·
120 Posts
Ask them if they can put a 6.7 cummins in there. Even if I had to pay 10,000 more I would do it.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
bsigg said:
Ask them if they can put a 6.7 cummins in there. Even if I had to pay 10,000 more I would do it.
I am currently BROKE down (sitting) since 2:00am Sat morning here in Tampa Fl with a 2008 F650. GUESS WHAT the 6.7L FLUMMINS shot craps on me. Waiting for Gator Ford to give me the run down in the morning. Cummins is by FAR perfect. But Cummins will get it fixed or replaced, and life will go on.
randy

·
120 Posts
HARLEY6LF250SDU said:
I am currently BROKE down (sitting) since 2:00am Sat morning here in Tampa Fl with a 2008 F650. GUESS WHAT the 6.7L FLUMMINS shot craps on me. Waiting for Gator Ford to give me the run down in the morning. Cummins is by FAR perfect. But Cummins will get it fixed or replaced, and life will go on.
randy
Sorry. I guess I've been reading too much propaganda over at the Dodge forum.:sofa

LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, they have not mentioned a buy out and I dont want them too. After what I went through last time (october). I guess most don't realize, as I didnt, that the law allows them to charge you $0.25 per mile depreciation for each mile driven against the new truck MSRP when doing the buy out. Last time I was parked in MT for over 3 weeks. I lost 2.5 weeks of work, had to board my horses (had just purchased) for all that time, out of pocket car rental (no local dealer offered a loaner) average hotel cost of $92.00 per day, and vet bills which exceeded $8000.00 due to a horse getting injured at the place holding them and trying to save the unborn foal. Now I know that Ford probably isnt liable for the vet bills etc so I didnt even turn those in, I only submitted my out of pocket for the boarding, hotels, and auto which was just over $7000.00 Many weeks later I received a check from Ford for $3100.00 and they wont respond, or give an explanation as to which expenses were not allowed etc. So at this point I just want to get a new motor in the truck so I can get home and trade the truck and be done with Ford!!!

I dont know what the Job # was on either motor.

I have a 7.3 at home that my daughter is driving to college(she prefers it over her camaro) and its been a great truck as have my other F-350's. Thats why I bought the 08. I actually spoke to a dodge dealer prior to this trip out here about the 6.7 cummins, their milage etc and was considering trading the 7.3 for a new Dodge but he stated that they were begining to see similar problems with the 6.7 and the milage would be close to the same as the 6.4 so I decided to hold off.

Great news--- the San Bernadino police department just informed me that my $70,000.00 horse trailer got "TAGGED" (spray painted) last night. Can't wait to see that.

I'll see if I can get someone with a camera phone to e-mail me a couple of pictures of the truck with the cab off so I can post them here for all to see. Its quite a different look for sure.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts