The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just oredered my dp tuner from jody. Im thinking im really gonna like it. I went with 60hp tow 80hp Economly and 140 smoke. So my question is is there anythign i should no or do before or after putting it in thanks alot :smoke

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Fill out a signature so we know what you already have done.

Then go from there....

·
strokin now cummin later!
1,116 Posts
gauges, muffler delete and an intake mod or cold air intake.
also when putting in the chip make sure u clean the contacts on the pcm really really good with alcohol and q-tips. many people have had problems with chips just because they didnt clen the contacts well

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
:poke: Yeah get me one to please..................

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
dont even have your keys in the truck

·
1,386 Posts
when I installed my chip I unhooked both batteries and had the keys in the house. I wasn't taking any chances. I also made sure to ground myself so there was no static electricity.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
where did you ground yr self? jumper cable to big toe kinda thing????????
sorry i coulnt resist LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
Fill out your sig so we know what you have done. If you still have the stock intake dont use the 140hp setting or youll be pulling your air filter out of your turbo. Trust me Iv seen it dont twice its not cool but sounds cool when it happens. Also if you dont have guages dont run the chip because you might have problems and never know untill its too late. Also atleast strait pipe the stock Exh if thats what you have or the chip will actually make your truck slugish and the turbo will spool slow and you will actually lose power on some trucks.

·
1,386 Posts
camojeeper said:
where did you ground yr self? jumper cable to big toe kinda thing????????
sorry i coulnt resist LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Doesn't everyone connect a jumper cable to their big toe when they are working on their truck.LOL LOL

In all honesty I was paranoid about static electricity frying my chip so I kept touching my running board with my hand. I wasn't taking any chances.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
i know what you mean i just couldnt resist LOL LOL

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I ground myself so I can still work outside during a lightning storm.....

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
i dont see gauges in ur sig if you don t have em dont use the dp you will melt somthin fer sure

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
since i havent got my guauges ordred yet. Could i run it on teh 80 economy without melting anything if i was driving real easy??

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
99_stroker* said:
since i havent got my guauges ordred yet. Could i run it on teh 80 economy without melting anything if i was driving real easy??
Sure you could, but it's sure not very smart...you're still fueling over the stock settings. DON'T DO IT!!!! Get your gauges first...

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
All you need is one boost leak on the 80E and it wont like the extra fuel and you wont know it till ya melt something. Id wait for guages. I know it sucks but buying guages is better than buying a new turbo then buying guages and thinking that was stupid.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i no its not smart but ill be running the 80 e without gauges until this summer.:shootself:

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
hmn 130 dollar gauge or 8000 dollar engine dude i know your young bum some money off your parents drivin your truck with out the pyro is dumb i know how it was being 14 if you get a dose of power youll like it its like gettin a piece of a** once you hit it youll want to do it again and again and again ohh and theres no gauge for that:RTFM:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
camojeeper said:
hmn 130 dollar gauge or 8000 dollar engine dude i know your young bum some money off your parents drivin your truck with out the pyro is dumb i know how it was being 14 if you get a dose of power youll like it its like gettin a piece of a** once you hit it youll want to do it again and again and again ohh and theres no gauge for that:RTFM:
lol...very true im pry gonna end up getting gauges now ill just have to drain some outta my account. Hopefully i can sweet talk one of my friends to put them in for me. Cause when it comes to that id be clueless :shrug:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts